• Show
Clear All

• DueCento Valvoline Ad, Need an Original

Click image for larger version

Name:	image002.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	92.5 KB
ID:	1733084
    I'm trying to find a magazine that had this ad so I can get a better scan of it.

Thanks
    Tom

I seem to recall seeing those photos in a Turning Wheels article? Not sure. Suggest you (A) contact Valvoline and/or (B) try ebay as they have many ads.
    John Clements
    Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

Valvoline was contacted at first and as it usually happens, they said they didn't know where the photos went to. Thanks for the Turning Wheels reference. (Of course, TW probably asked for some good copies of those ads for publishing. I can only wonder what they might say regarding where the originals went...(!) )

Thanks
      Tom

Comment

Hi Tom, a quick search located the following webpages including a video, maybe this will help you. http://www.studebaker-info.org/avdb/...o/dcind2d.html
        John Clements
        Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

There is a chance the Valvoline ad being thought of is the "common" one.

Actually, what I am after are pictures of the Due Cento.

Another "lost picture" is the "Joe Granatelli one" where he is "half way out the door" and you can actually see the instrument cluster (poorly) which is on the Paxton website. Of course they have lost their original too.

Thanks
          Tom

Comment

Hello, tomhoo,

You'll find an identical ad, albeit with just the one photograph (the one with the can and Valvoline copy) on page 14 of the January, 1964 Hot Rod Magazine. Copies are usually offered on eBay. Good luck.

JSC

Comment

The Hot Rod mag. add, Jan 64 Does not have the pics. of Due. Just John Horas No. 9 and a Hawk.

Comment

Perhaps someone with back issies of AOAI's Avanti magaizine can check...they often have period ads on the back cover.
                63 Avanti R1 2788
                1914 Stutz Bearcat
                (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

Working...
                X