Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It’s a ’52 not a ’54 and $34,995 is way too much.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It’s a ’52 not a ’54 and $34,995 is way too much.

sigpic

I have no knowledge of this particular reseller. However, we had one locally who operated like many realtors - promise whatever it takes to get the listing. They'd get a consignment by throwing out a number they knew to be above market. Once they got the car on premises, the real negotiations would begin. They'd keep feeding the owner the real world offers, not so subtly making it his fault for not accepting one. If he complained the offers were a lot lower than promised, "Well, the market's down just now." or "Your car just isn't drawing the traffic we'd hoped it would." If the buyer accepted the lower offer, they got a commission. If a greater fool wandered in and paid asking price, both buyer and broker were happy. If it didn't sell, the brokers weren't out a nickle and had kept the showroom full.

jack vines
    PackardV8

Comment

Good Points Jack! But to add to this, from the pictures shown it looks like a reasonably well done car. And if it is you would be hard pressed to: find one , buy one, ship, one, buy the patrs & materials, restore and modify one to this condition for that much money......even if you had the equipment , facility, and skills to do so! And you considered your time worth $1.00 an hour or less!!!
      Good Roads
      Brian
      Speaking of which! I had better get off the Forum and get back out in the shop where I am working on the rust repairs required on Sandi's 61........at less than $1.00/hr.
      Butthere will be a nice supper and a glasss of wine ready when I come in.
      Brian Woods
      woodysrods@shaw.ca
      1946 M Series (Shop Truck)

Comment

HIGH Rider!

That is one unusual looking Custom FRONT END! It's just a '52 Champion in disguise. Can you say HEAVY DUTY V-8 Springs? Wow that IS high!

Both the ride height AND the PRICE!
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

This car was built out of a 1952 2 door sedan by a customizer in DeKalb Ill.
          Still has the original Champion engine but no top.He had it for sale here at 13.000.
          I know the guy that built it and I have the left overs.
          Robert Kapteyn

Comment

For some reason my first thought after a good look at the front end was: "Amphicar"

Paul
            I finally have a Stude I can drive! (sort of)
            1962 GT Hawk, 4 speed, a/c

Comment

Yep...just one more fake sunny day convertible. Wonder what they have done to make it rigid enough to be road worthy?

It looks good, tastefully customized and has a great color.
              John Clary
              Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

That wouldn't even make a good parade car with the air flow so greatly reduced. I wonder how many miles it's actually been driven since finishing.
                "In the heart of Arkansas."
                Searcy, Arkansas
                1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
                1952 2R pickup

Comment

My thoughts exactly. I've seen uglier custom grills, but the radiator needs some air, even if it is only an 85 h.p. engine.

Comment

Working...
                  X