Consignment Table at York ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Consignment Table at York ?

I realize that this idea is a little late to consider for this year, but it just hit me today as I looked over my Studebaker parts inventory.

I have a few items that I would like to sell, but not enough to justify renting and staffing a table at York. I would imagine that there are many others with a few items that they no longer need. I would propose that a "Keystone Konsignment" shop be set up where those having a few things to sell could set a price, tag and display their goods. If they sell, the Chapter would take a set percentage of the selling price. If they don't sell, take them back home.

I think that this might bring out some parts that we may never otherwise see, and possibly provide some bargains. It seems that there will be ample space in the B building, so the Chapter would only need to provide volunteers to staff the table.

What do you think?
    Jim Bradley
    Lake Monticello, VA
    '78 Avanti II
    sigpic

Wow, that's a great idea! I'd likely bring some things; only problem being that I cannot stay till the end of the Meet. But I suppose I could just bring them early and if they didn't sell, gather them up when I had to leave.

Well done, Jim!
    Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
    Romans 15:13
    Deuteronomy 31:6
    Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Originally posted by Rerun View Post
      I realize that this idea is a little late to consider for this year, but it just hit me today as I looked over my Studebaker parts inventory.

I have a few items that I would like to sell, but not enough to justify renting and staffing a table at York. I would imagine that there are many others with a few items that they no longer need. I would propose that a "Keystone Konsignment" shop be set up where those having a few things to sell could set a price, tag and display their goods. If they sell, the Chapter would take a set percentage of the selling price. If they don't sell, take them back home.

I think that this might bring out some parts that we may never otherwise see, and possibly provide some bargains. It seems that there will be ample space in the B building, so the Chapter would only need to provide volunteers to staff the table.

What do you think?
      Jim, I turned my two spaces over to the Potomac Chapter this year. They (we) are making it a consignment operation for chapter members. The chapter got the PA tax license and the spaces will be manned by chapter members in shifts based on a signup sheet completed earlier. The chapter will skim 25% of the selling price and, if the member doesn't claim unsold goods by the end of the meet, the chapter will assume ownership of the items. I don't know how it will work out, but you might check by and if there isn't a lot of participation, we might be able to handle your items.
      Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
      '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

Jim, check your PMs please. I have a question.

Comment

Working...
        X