TT lubricant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TT lubricant

Gentleman, I tried the search option, but no help. I know its been discussed many times in TW, but to find it when you need it---- What current lubricant should be used in a TT differential? I have one can of TT lub from Studebaker, but don't want to mix something without knowing facts. Need enough to completly fill the diff. Thank you, Bob Fish

Originally posted by feralcat0_0 View Post
    Gentleman, I tried the search option, but no help. I know its been discussed many times in TW, but to find it when you need it---- What current lubricant should be used in a TT differential? I have one can of TT lub from Studebaker, but don't want to mix something without knowing facts. Need enough to completly fill the diff. Thank you, Bob Fish
    Buy the non slip differential additive from any decent auto parts store. It's a tiny bottle of foul smelling liquid, just add it to regular or synthetic rear axle fluid..
    JDP Maryland

Comment

There are additives available for use in TT differentials. Some of the gear oil suppliers have already added limited slip additive to their lube, so check the labeling as many of the lubes can be used as a factory fill of a limited slip differential without using an additive. Bud

Comment

I use Castrol 80/90 hypoid gear oil and BG limited slip additive. Never had any chattering on hard turns.
        sigpicAl Reed
        North Bay Area, CA
        1961 Lark Regal Skytop
        1953 Commander Starlight

Comment

Working...
        X