1910 Stoddard-Dayton pictures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1910 Stoddard-Dayton pictures

In the "Shades of Bonneville" thread http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...onneville....& I posted some pictures of R-5 owner Greg Cone's 1910 Stoddard-Dayton to illustrate his craftsmanship. Last night when Bob Johnstone and I visited the honest-to-goodness R-5, we also saw the Stoddard-Dayton in much more finished form.

When Greg bought it

Last night
    Engine- somewhere around 350 cubic inches, 50 hp

Radiator- Greg hand made

Cockpit

Instrument panel

Rear with Prestolite acetylene tank (tires are $600 a pop)

Closed up

Last edited by 53k; 02-24-2011, 03:06 PM.
    Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
    '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

I'm speechless. Absolutely stunning, every detail. BRAVO!

I see supports on the side - Do they support a step or full running boards and fenders?
    Andy
    62 GT

Comment

Originally posted by Andy R. View Post
      I'm speechless. Absolutely stunning, every detail. BRAVO!

I see supports on the side - Do they support a step or full running boards and fenders?
      I think they are for running boards, but I'm not sure. I'll check with Greg.
      '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

Now that's a car!!! 350? I'll take that over an SBC any day. Looks like a sem hemi - angled overhead valves. AWESOME.

Terry

Comment

That is AMAZING!!!!!!!!
          Dylan Wills
          Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
          1961 Lark 4 door wagon #2 (Wife's car!)
          1955 VW Beetle (Went to the dark side)
          1914 Ford Model T

Comment

WOW. That is a really neat car and the workmanship to get it in that condition WOW again.
            Gary Sanders
            Nixa, MO

Comment

Magnificent job!!! Stoddard Daytons were incredible autos and were built for the well-to-do, as you might imagine.
              Rog
              '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
              Smithtown,NY
              Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

More pictures, more info

Greg sent me some more information about his 1910 Stoddard-Dayton-

This is what he will end up with

"The fenders, running boards, lamp and horn restoration are back burner are progressing, but back burner."

"My Stoddard is one of the short (106") wheelbase speed cars sold with road equipment that could be removed like Larue Vredenburgh did in October 1910 shortly before he took it to the local Springfield Illinois fairgrounds racetrack.
                Fifty horsepower, 2.6:1 axle ratio and 36" diameter tires killed him."

Current picture

Comment

Working...
                X