Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stumbled into a pair of Daytonas

I attended a local swap meet
    on Sat, & found what would be a really cool car if it were not eaten up with rust: A '62 Daytona which still had its original 289 4V, 4-spd & TT. It came with some good NOS sheetmetal, and extra parts so when the seller offered to deliver it to my place, I could not resist. Then yesterday a friend called to tell me that he had a very solid W TX 63 Daytona body he wanted to sell. He delivered it today, & accepted a solid rear fender for his 51 Starlight in partial trade.
    It's even set up for a standard shift. Between the 2, I have the makings of a sweet car. The only down side is that I will be too broke to attend the Decatur TX swap meet this weekend.
    Last edited by TX Rebel; 02-22-2011, 11:14 AM. Reason: typo

Some guys have all the luck!!!
    Jamie McLeod
    Hope Mills, NC

1963 Lark "Ugly Betty"
    1958 Commander "Christine"
    1964 Wagonaire "Louise"
    1955 Commander Sedan
    1964 Champ
    1960 Lark

Comment

Pictures please!

Comment

My gawd man!! Pictures!!!

Comment

Amazingly similar to my situation!

A few years back I bought this Daytona off eBay. 289 4V 4-speed. Complete but completely rusted, engine stuck. Rustiest Texas car I've ever seen:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Laptop 1065.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	95.2 KB
ID:	1667342

Same seller also listed this one. Very nice 259 Auto, engine also stuck. Native NE car but amazingly sound- even the original carpet is nice! Has beautiful dash, door panels, and headliner. Buckets are nice but need new covers. No rust in the floors, frame or trunk. Only rust anywhere is the front fenders:

Name:	Laptop 1061.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	90.2 KB
ID:	1667343

The seller (now my good friend John Batka) had intended to combine the two into one car. I bought them both at the same time thinking the same thing.

Turned out the AT car is nice enough that I didn't really want to break it down and change it over. While I was thinking it over I found this one in MI:

Name:	Laptop 1027.jpg
Size:	94.4 KB
ID:	1667344

It's a CO 4-speed body. No running gear or interior but beautiful floors and frame. I bought the car along with inner and outer fenders, hood, trunk, header, a bunch of trim, etc.- all NOS!

Meanwhile, I bought this Skytop from Kent Fedor, also in MI. 6 auto with a rod knock. Victim of fiberglas repairs on rusted areas. It was the so rusted it was breaking apart. I bought it for the roof, which is stored away for the above project:

Name:	HPIM3988.jpg
Size:	94.4 KB
ID:	1667345

Since then I had some bumps in the road, and the project is on hold. I do keep picking up pieces for it; the r2 engine for it is complete, fresh, and ready to go, about an hour break-in time. I don't want to do it until I can go all out, from the ground up. So everything is stored away, waiting. Good news is, they don't eat nuthin'

So there's my pictures- how about some of yours TX?
          Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
          Romans 15:13
          Deuteronomy 31:6
          Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Working...
          X