PDA

View Full Version : South Bend Auction

StudeSchack
02-21-2011, 01:15 PM
A small stash of Studebaker parts

http://www.auctionzip.com/cgi-bin/auctionview.cgi?lid=1056880&kwd=studebaker&zip=&category=0

Bob Andrews
02-21-2011, 02:44 PM
Ohh, what a shame the owner didn't know to schedule it just one week later, when a bunch of Stude nerds will be in town for the May Swap Meet:( I know I'd have made it a priority had I already been in town for the Meet.

Maybe a local will go scoop up all the Stude stuff and flip it the next weekend...

AKAchamptrucking
02-21-2011, 06:59 PM
Don't assume the date of the auction is the sellers idea. If you knew what was there and wanted to keep the prices down so items could be bought for resale the next week during the Stude meet it would make sense to have it the week before now wouldn't it? The real question is WHO wants to go Cherry Picking.

Bob Andrews
02-21-2011, 07:21 PM
Rich, my point is, it's a shame the sellers, by virtue of being in SB and having Studebaker parts, didn't know or didn't think about the Meet. The seller chooses the date and, provided they thought far enough ahead, could have picked the same weekend as the Meet. Maybe the auction company is up to something, but the seller is the boss. Chances are the auction company didn't know either, otherwise they might have made it a point to have it during the Meet- take the higher commission and run.

In any case, maybe somebody can get some goodies for the following week:)