Is this a Studebaker wheelcover?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this a Studebaker wheelcover?

Is this a Studebaker (truck?) wheelcover? Approx. 11" I.D. and 11 1/2" O.D. If it is, what is it's useage?
    Think I got four of them in an auction lot. Sorry the picture is not better. Basically it is domed with a small flat shoulder.
    Attached Files
    KURTRUK
    (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

I think not. Seems like 1950 Commander is similar, but with "STUDEBAKER" and "COMMADER" opposing each other around the flat portion.

Comment

I have seen them plain like that before on 50 Studebakers besides the writing as Skyway mentioned.

Mark

Comment

I've seen them on Transtar trucks, too. Had a set on my '49 Champion - looked good.
        The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Originally posted by kurtruk View Post
          Is this a Studebaker (truck?) wheelcover? Approx. 11" I.D. and 11 1/2" O.D. If it is, what is it's useage?
          Think I got four of them in an auction lot. Sorry the picture is not better. Basically it is domed with a small flat shoulder.
          56-59 1/2 ton pickup mostly, but also late 40's Commander. I'd be interested in them if they are nice condition used, or NOS.
          Bo

Comment

Bo,
            I still haven't examined the other three buried in the box. I'm going to guess they're only fair to good condition. I cleaned up this one with steel wool. It has minute rust worms and a couple shallow dents.
            KURTRUK
            (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

Might be Studebaker...Might be other worldly....

HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

"I've seen them on Transtar trucks, too."

I stand corrected!"

Comment

Working...
                X