February? In Oklahoma? Really?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• February? In Oklahoma? Really?

Beautiful sunshine, 78 degrees, running around in short sleeves. Washed the road dirt and salt off of the two daily drivers, then dusted the Quonset dust off of the '54. This called for a little road trip... 'Sheba wanted to socialize and pose for some pics with an old friend:

More pics here:

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!
    sigpic
    Dave Lester

It was in the high 70's here in Maryland a day or two ago, back to normal now.
    JDP Maryland

Comment

Originally posted by Studedude View Post
      ... 'Sheba wanted to socialize and pose for some pics with an old friend
      So Dave does her "old friend" belong to you? ... I wouldn't mind having that old friend. Is that a for sale sign on the windshield?
      sigpic
      John
      63R-2386
      Resto-Mod by Michael Myer

Comment

Yeah, I took the Wagonaire for a drive yesterday with the roof open.
        Who'da thunk it in the month of February in Kansas?
        The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

I'm glad somebody got to play. I done my spring yard cleaning today.

Comment

I took the Hawk out on a nice 24 F day that was almost a blizzard by the time I got back home.

Comment

I don't mean to be a downer, but... 20 F degrees today with a big snowstorm on the way (12 inches expected by Monday morning). I got my 4 x 4 F-150 stuck in snow today (snow was deeper than I realized) and I cut some firewood. I loaded the wood into the pickup, shoveled out a bunch of hard packed snow from under the pickup (the front & rear differentials were hung up on a rock-hard snow-packed snowmobile path), wedged some tree branches under the tires to increase traction, and out it came. So, I guess the day ended on a high note.
              sigpic
              In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Originally posted by okc63avanti View Post
                So Dave does her "old friend" belong to you? ... I wouldn't mind having that old friend. Is that a for sale sign on the windshield?
                Not mine. Belongs to a local banker. It is for sale, they are taking sealed bids until Feb. 25.

It's a 1930 model, and a 20 footer.

Let me know if you need more details.
                sigpic
                Dave Lester

Comment

Took advantage of one of the last for awhile, springlike, 40 degree days today to put my humongo Accel coil on the '55 with mixed results .
                  1964 Studebaker Commander R2 clone
                  1963 Studebaker Daytona Hardtop with no engine or transmission
                  1950 Studebaker 2R5 w/170 six cylinder and 3spd OD
                  1955 Studebaker Commander Hardtop w/289 and 3spd OD and Megasquirt port fuel injection(among other things)

Comment

On the News last thursday, it Said Bartlesville Ok had a one week change of temperature of 110 degrees. -28 to 82, a new record.
                    Nowata Ok recorded a -31 degrees a new state record. They had the national weather service checking the recording devices and found them to be 100% correct.
                    Great to see Sheba out stretching her legs.
                    101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

Up in Nebraska, any day in February that is above 32 with no snow, rain or wind is a good day. Although I think that we had a thunderstorm around midnight but I can live with that considering the time

Jeff T.

ps. it's 59 at 1pm
                      \"I\'m getting nowhere as fast as I can\"
                      The Replacements.

Comment

It was 78 yesterday and very windy. It is 61 right now and that will be the high for the day. Tomorrow 73 and then back to normal the rest of the week. Of course all of this as of about 7:00 this morning those predictions could have changed by now. Big fire danger around here now with the wind, warm weather, low humidity and lack of rain.
                        Last edited by JRoberts; 02-20-2011, 11:29 AM.
                        Joe Roberts
                        '61 R1 Champ
                        '65 Cruiser
                        Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Working...
                        X