door/window flippers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• door/window flippers

I thought I was finally done re-habbing these, but saw a NOS set on ebay and I guess I'm missing the bumpers that the window hits to activate the spring hinges. I have the metal tab but there is some kind of material attached to it (white).

Is it plastic, or what? Any suggestions for making a replacement?
    Gallivan
    57 Golden Hawk
    Golden, CO

I acquired a NOS one of those for the pass side and also a "good used" one for the driver side. The NOS one has a white/clear plastic "sleave" on the tab where the vent window frame hits it when you close the door. The used one as well as the broken originals from my car was bare w/o anything on the tab. I recall that the parts book mentions this or I read it someplace else that the early ones had a rubber "glove" or sleave on them. What to do?

So, what I did is find some heat shrink tubing the right size that when flattened would slip snuggly over the tab. Then shrink that in place and put another layer of tubing over that and shrink it on top of the first. The reason for the plastic/rubber is to absorb some of the shock from the window frame hitting it and also prevent scratching up said frame. Also, act to provide a slipperly surface so the tab can slip along the window frame as the door closes.

Jeff in ND

Comment

Try Bill Fennessy (615)662-5013. I believe I bought mine from him.
      Klif
      55 Speedster/Street Machine
      63 Avanti R2
      64 Convertible R1

Comment

A little pricey but SI lists them.#306000 in their catalog

Comment

Just checked that P/N out on SI's site that leyrret provided. That looks like the item. Slips/snaps onto the tab on the flipper.

Jeff in ND

Comment

Working...
          X