Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• studebaker doors

Hi
    I am new to this forum. I have a pair of doors that I know are from a Studebaker but I have no idea what year and model they are from. I am hoping someone here can steer me in the right direction. It looks like I first need to find out how to upload some pictures on this forum.
    Ken V

Hi Ken. Email me the pictures. mbstude@gmail.com

Welcome to the Forum, we'll get your doors ID'ed in no time.

Comment

Location helps if you are wanting to sell.

Gordon

Comment

Welcome to the forum Ken! Good news- Studebaker doors generally covered alot of years. Take for instance the Hawk or C-K body. Except for the scalope they are the same from 53-64 for hardtops & 53-61 for the coupes. That scalope or style line in the outside changed (from 55 to 56 I believe). Later hardtop & convertible doors were basically the same, depending on the year. Even then, 2 door sedan doors were cut by the factory & had pieces welded in to make them for the hardtop & convertibles- at least I know that for the 59-62 doors! So if they are rust free or even NOS (new old stock) all the better! Post some pictures & we'll be glad to chime in & help.
        59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
        60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
        61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
        62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
        62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
        62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
        63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
        63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
        64 Zip Van
        66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
        66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

Rust free, Edmonton Alberta Canada. Done up in high solids primer.
          I found out how to upload the pictures now so I will try to upload them this afternoon.
          Ken

Comment

Hi Ken. Looking forward to see the pics. Might not hurt to post dimensions, too. Many of the sedan-type doors resemble one another so much that you need the width and/or height to know which is which.

If they are doors I can use, and the price is right, I will consider buying them, and I will be passing through Edmonton on the way home in about a week. Currently near Edson.
            Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

The doors are at my shop in Spruce Grove.Click image for larger version

Name:	studebaker door1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	85.0 KB
ID:	1667256Click image for larger version

Name:	studebaker door2.jpg
Size:	85.9 KB
ID:	1667257Click image for larger version

Name:	sutebaker door3.jpg
Size:	88.9 KB
ID:	1667258

Comment

There's something you don't see everyday. A set of rust free K Hardtop doors. Looks like some one is about to get a quick step closer to finishing their project.

Ken- Thanks for posting, those will help someone big time. Wish I had them when I started mine.

Bob
                Last edited by sweetolbob; 02-18-2011, 05:48 AM.

Comment

Ken, are you working on a Studebaker, or do you just have a couple of random doors in great shape? Do you have any other c/k parts for sale? Thanks. Junior.
                  sigpic
                  1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

Originally posted by kensauto View Post
                    Hi
                    I am new to this forum. I have a pair of doors that I know are from a Studebaker but I have no idea what year and model they are from. I am hoping someone here can steer me in the right direction. It looks like I first need to find out how to upload some pictures on this forum.
                    Ken V
                    To give a complete, direct answer - 1953-1956 hardtop (K body).
                    Gary L.
                    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

I rented this shop and got a discount for cleaning up the mess the last tenant left behind. I had to do much more work then expect and am trying to recover some of my costs by selling some of the good items that were left here. There was a rusted out Studebaker in the yard that I sold to a local restorer but he didn't want the doors - he had no need for them.
                      Ken

Comment

When I was a kid and lived in St. Albert, I remember a 54/54 Stude that sat in a farmer's field that had no hood, no engine/trans, and was a really faded blue in color. It was on the east end of town just after you drove over an overpass type of bridge that I think went over a railroad track. At the time it was highway16. Haven't been is Spruce Grove area for at least 15 years...just wondering about that car as you mentioned Spruce Grove. Regardless, hope you sell the doors, I'm sure there's a market for them. Too bad you didn't find any grill shells kicking around, as I could use those. Regards, Junior.
                        sigpic
                        1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

Hello Ken.

Send me an e-mail or private message via this Forum, and let me know what you want for the doors. I don't need them myself, but I have storage space, and I could pass them on to somebody who needs them. I am at a wellsite near Edson, but I will be passing through Spruce Grove on my way home next week if we finish up on schedule.
                          Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

Everybody is looking for 53-56 C/K doors at the right price. These will be very easy to move. eBay is where your bib money is, but it would be nice to se them stay in Canada. We are always having to pay shipping out of the USA.
                            Good Roads
                            Brian
                            Brian Woods
                            woodysrods@shaw.ca
                            1946 M Series (Shop Truck)

Comment

I need the piece to which the inside door handle attaches, drivers side, 55K. Some yahoo used vicegrips instead of a door handle and the splines are fudged.. If someone can help me out, please pm me. Car's coming out of storage in a month and would like to be able to exit the car without rolling down my window
                              Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

Working...
                              X