Speedster sales

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speedster sales

There are currently two identical Speedsters for sale on ebay. They both have the same "Buy it now" price of $35,000. Disregarding the price and locations, if both cars were in front of you, and you would be given whichever you chose, which would it be? Why?

Add the links, I'm too lazy to search ebay for them.
    Don Wilson, Centralia, WA

40 Champion 4 door*
    50 Champion 2 door*
    53 Commander K Auto*
    53 Commander K overdrive*
    55 President Speedster
    62 GT 4Speed*
    63 Avanti R1*
    64 Champ 1/2 ton

* Formerly owned

Comment

The pictures of the wide white tire car are much better than the other car. This makes it hard to compare differences in condition. Looks to me like the wide white tire car is more correctly detailed under the hood and cleaner. This could be an indicator.

If you or someone is seriously looking for one of these, let me know. My sister has one in better shape than either of these for the same price. The car is stunning.

Comment

Here is a link to both - http://motors.shop.ebay.com/Cars-Tru...ake=Studebaker

The FL car looks better to me, but to me $35K is a lot for a car which is not nearly as good looking as the 53/53 cars. I can't get past that huge hunk of chrome on the front. The '55 may be faster, but it still isn't very fast.

Comment

Then there's this one, which has to be at least as nine for half the price.

Brad Johnson,
          SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
          Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
          '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
          '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Neither. Both fall way short of proper documentation for that price point, IMHO.

Is anyone else bothered by sellers who declare mileage as if the restoration was the date of manufacture?
            Just declare the mileage and say IT WAS RESTORED 3000 MILES AGO!

At least the "wide whites" seller states an odometer reading of 13,417, though I'd think they could state a clear opinion whether it's 13K or 113K.

But what do I know, I haven't worn a plaid sport coat since Easter 1976. No wait, that was a leisure suit!
            Andy
            62 GT

Comment

Working...
            X