Tremec 5 speed in a GT hawk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tremec 5 speed in a GT hawk

I'm planning to do this conversion before the nationals. I have heard or read one of the Mustang transmissions has the same bolt pattern on the bell housing as the Stude. can anyone tell me which one? or was I mis-informed.

please don't ask me to do the search function for this forum, it leaves a lot to be desired as a search funtion.

I have looked at both of the tech articles on the SDC home page, Robert Shaw is not finished with his yet and the other is an Avanti.

When I do this conversion I will document with photos and text and at the very least put it in the tech section
    Mark Riesch
    New Bern, NC

Give this a try....http://www.studebaker-info.org/rjtechx3.html#5sp
    Bill Foy
    1000 Islands, Ontario
    1953 Starlight Coupe

Comment

You were misinformed, The bell housing is the T 86 1958 up and you have to use an adapter. SBC Tom has a thread here on it.

Comment

One of the best tech threads of all time, on the Tips page

Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
        Romans 15:13
        Deuteronomy 31:6
        Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Thanks guys, yah .. no such luck on a magical perfect fit trans. Avanti, Hawk, Lark or truck, you will
          be using an adapter. Check with Dan and see if he still carries them. Other than the shifter and drive
          shaft most is the same.

Tom
          '63 Avanti R1, '03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, TKO 5-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves.
          Check out my disc brake adapters to install 1994-2004 Mustang disc brakes on your Studebaker!!
          http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...bracket-update
          I have also written many TECH how to articles, do a search for my Forum name to find them

Comment

Perfect! thanks for the help!
            Mark Riesch
            New Bern, NC

Comment

Working...
            X