No announcement yet.

Harrison radiator 3121096 fits what ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harrison radiator 3121096 fits what ???

I have a '47 Champ with a Harrison 3121096. Is this a stock radiator for this car......Brad

Harrison was a division of GM, but made aftermarket radiators for lots of cars. I don't believe that Stude ever equipped its cars with Harrison radiators from the factory. Someone with an old Harrison catalog may be able to tell if it's correct for your car.

Skip Lackie
    Washington DC
    Skip Lackie

Comment

Harrison was a division of GM, but made aftermarket radiators for lots of cars. I don't believe that Stude ever equipped its cars with Harrison radiators from the factory. Someone with an old Harrison catalog may be able to tell if it's correct for your car.

Skip Lackie
      Washington DC
      Skip Lackie

Comment

I have a Harrison 3128877 that came out of a 1953 (or 1954) Chevrolet in the 1950s. I don't have a cross on your close number, but I will guess that it is a GM radiator that was put into your car. Anyone need a Chevy radiator (a heavy succer to ship)?

Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

1959 DeLuxe pickup (restomod)
        Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

I have a Harrison 3128877 that came out of a 1953 (or 1954) Chevrolet in the 1950s. I don't have a cross on your close number, but I will guess that it is a GM radiator that was put into your car. Anyone need a Chevy radiator (a heavy succer to ship)?

Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

1959 DeLuxe pickup (restomod)
          Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

The radiator has a center top brass tube, cast bottom tube on the right, and a rather large petcock on the right front.....Brad

Comment

The radiator has a center top brass tube, cast bottom tube on the right, and a rather large petcock on the right front.....Brad

Comment

No 50's or 60's radiator that I've ever seen, of any make had a cast anything! The top and bottom tanks are sheet brass and the tubes are copper, usually the fins also are. Just put a wanted radiator ad in your local Chapter Newsletter and get a Studebaker radiator. Maybe a 20's or 30's Chev. owner will buy that antique.

StudeRich
                Studebakers Northwest
                Ferndale, WA
                StudeRich
                Second Generation Stude Driver,
                Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

No 50's or 60's radiator that I've ever seen, of any make had a cast anything! The top and bottom tanks are sheet brass and the tubes are copper, usually the fins also are. Just put a wanted radiator ad in your local Chapter Newsletter and get a Studebaker radiator. Maybe a 20's or 30's Chev. owner will buy that antique.

StudeRich
                  Studebakers Northwest
                  Ferndale, WA
                  StudeRich
                  Second Generation Stude Driver,
                  Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                  SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Working...
                  X