Moving closer to the scrap yard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving closer to the scrap yard

My ol 53 parts car is gradually moving closer to the scrap yard.
    It's about to be started the last time, before the engine is oiled
    up and pulled out. The missing radiator went in my 53 coupe,
    along with the fan blade, the gen pulley, the left headlight bucket,
    any many other small pieces.

UPDATE- SHE HAS GONE TO TH CRUSHER> 4-14-11
    Last edited by Flashback; 04-14-2011, 02:43 PM.

Can`t you put it to good use and maybe make something like this out of it ? ?

Comment

Let's hope that you are not going to scrap those grille shells.
      Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

I am not scrapping the grill surrounds, however this is a 4-dr sedan parts car.
        Last edited by Flashback; 04-14-2011, 02:40 PM.

Comment

UPDATE=== She has gone to the crusher. Took her today, kinda hard to do on a car with
          hardly any rust. BUT, I can,t keep them all.

Comment

you should have posted it up as a freebie to someone than letting it go for scrap metal...

Comment

you should have posted it up as a freebie to someone than letting it go for scrap metal...

Do you know what the price of scrap metal is today?
              That car had a pretty good ROI.
              Mono mind in a stereo world

Comment

Originally posted by bob40 View Post

Do you know what the price of scrap metal is today?
                That car had a pretty good ROI.
                lol ya short iron brings good money.. But he did say the car was pretty much rust free..

Comment

I tried to sell this car several times. Here, on the forum and here at home.
                  Tried to see if anyone needed parts. Had a fellow supposed to pick it up
                  this past Monday, for 250 dollars. He didn't. It brought 262 dollars at the
                  recycler. Had this one for sale for over a year. I will have a 53 Starliner
                  for sale in the next few weeks, and if it don't sell, I will have to send it to
                  the crusher also.
                  Last edited by Flashback; 04-16-2011, 03:58 PM.

Comment

Wow!
                    We only get a $27.00 credit for a scrapped car at our local Auto recycler, and you have to have the motor in it and the registration papers to get that??
                    Good Roads
                    Brian
                    Brian Woods
                    woodysrods@shaw.ca
                    1946 M Series (Shop Truck)

Comment

Originally posted by woodysrods View Post
                      Wow!
                      We only get a $27.00 credit for a scrapped car at our local Auto recycler, and you have to have the motor in it and the registration papers to get that??
                      Good Roads
                      Brian
                      Brian

Well the bad news is that somebody other than the car owner is getting rich, However the good news is there is little incentive to drag "em out of the field so old cars and their parts will stay available in Canada.

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Flashback View Post
                        I tried to sell this car several times. Here, on the forum and here at home.
                        Tried to see if anyone needed parts. Had a fellow supposed to pick it up
                        this past Monday, for 250 dollars. He didn't. It brought 262 dollars at the
                        recycler. Had this one for sale for over a year. I will have a 53 Starliner
                        for sale in the next few weeks, and if it don't sell, I will have to send it to
                        the crusher also.
                        pm sent.. thanks

Comment

Flashback...so it goes. Nobody grabs it for $250 (more than reasonable) price, you crush it, then people belly-ache about it. Same thing happened to me...complete Stude rearend, good working order, advertised it for about 6 months in our local on line freebie online service. No one, not even someone from the Stude community would take it for free. Finally, a guy grabs it for his rat-rod build. Said the 4:56 gears caught his attention. Sure enough a couple of days later a Stude guy phones saying he'll take it, then basically gives me a hard time for giving it to a 'rodder'...go figure. Junior.
                          sigpic
                          1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

yes I agree, if i would have been on here sooner I would have dealt with him on it.. Im looking for a cheap 53 54 4dr or 2, for a little project i have with a big block ford..

Comment

Working...
                            X