Exhaust system vendors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exhaust system vendors

Trying to decide where to buy a dual exhaust system for my 61 Hawk. Parks Pipes and Silverstone seem to be mentioned a lot on the forum. I was hoping for some feedback on experiences with both vendors products to help me choose.
    Wayne
    "Trying to shed my CASO ways"

sigpic

I've got systems from Parks and Silvertone both. The Parks system was for my Lark VI. For duals Silvertone is the way to go- high quality, precise fit, and Don Simmons is a great guy. Worth the little bit more than regular steel- you'll never have to do it again.
    Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
    Romans 15:13
    Deuteronomy 31:6
    Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Silvertone is my recommendation
      sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Silverstone! I purchased a dual exhaust for my 56 Golden Hawk and had them installed in under two hours! the fit was perfect, no pushing, pulling, bending and best yet.........no cursing.......lol.
        It is an addiction!

Comment

Here's Don's site:

Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
          Romans 15:13
          Deuteronomy 31:6
          Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Wayne, I sent you a pm.
            Originally posted by wdills View Post
            Trying to decide where to buy a dual exhaust system for my 61 Hawk. Parks Pipes and Silverstone seem to be mentioned a lot on the forum. I was hoping for some feedback on experiences with both vendors products to help me choose.
            Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Silvertone for me too! Be sure to also get their mufflers!

Jim
              "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
              their Memorials!

Comment

I just called Don Simmons (Silvertone) tonight to give him an order to pick up at York. I've installed his systems in the past and wouldn't go elsewhere. If you or someone you know is going to York, you can save some shipping bucks by having him bring your order there.
                Jim Bradley
                Lake Monticello, VA
                '78 Avanti II
                sigpic

Comment

I don't want to discourage you from choosing Parks Pipes or Silvertone (especially since they are Studebaker supporters), but it may be worth your time to check with local custom exhaust shops. I had a complete dual exhaust sytem (regular mild steel) fabricated and installed for my '63 Hawk last year for $325. This included OEM type mufflers and my money helped support a local business.
                  sigpic
                  In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

I'm also looking for an exhaust system, but instead for a 60 Lark V8 convertible. I have a couple of questions:

1. Has anyone bought a kit from Parks Pipes (single or dual) that can comment on the fit?
                    2. Why is it necessary to buy the mufflers with the Silvertone system?

Thanks,
                    Nick

Comment

I just bought the two pipes from the manifold from Parks. good fit. The rest of the system was in too good of shape to justify a full replacement
                      Mark Riesch
                      New Bern, NC

Comment

Originally posted by TXmark View Post
                        I just bought the two pipes from the manifold from Parks. good fit. The rest of the system was in too good of shape to justify a full replacement
                        Mark,

Do you know if they use crush bends or mandrel?

Comment

Originally posted by 61Lark View Post
                          Mark,Do you know if they use crush bends or mandrel?
                          The Factory original pipes were made that way and worked fine, so what's the problem with reduced diameter curves for a Street driven Car?
                          StudeRich
                          Second Generation Stude Driver,
                          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I have the comeplete dual system from Parks on my car with series 40 Flowmaster mufflers. Fit is good. Bends are crush bends. I had them make the tailpipes 2 inch insted of 1.75. I thought seiously about the Silverstone kit, but opted for the cheaper mild steel of Parks, not so much because of being CASO, but more because I figured mild steel only driven in fair weather will last 20 years. The exhaust on my 51 is mild steel and at least that old and still OK.
                            1962 Champ

51 Commander 4 door

Comment

Originally posted by 61Lark View Post
                              I'm also looking for an exhaust system, but instead for a 60 Lark V8 convertible. I have a couple of questions:

1. Has anyone bought a kit from Parks Pipes (single or dual) that can comment on the fit?
                              2. Why is it necessary to buy the mufflers with the Silvertone system?

Thanks,
                              Nick
                              Just because his mufflers sound cool. I've got dual exhausts on both my cars and both are Silvertone systems. I went with the stainless steel on both, 2" in my Hawk. Superb quality and both fit like a glove. You can't beat the service from Don Simmon's either.

Allen
                              1964 GT Hawk
                              PSMCDR 2014
                              Best time: 14.473 sec. 96.57 MPH quarter mile
                              PSMCDR 2013
                              Best time: 14.654 sec. 94.53 MPH quarter

Victoria, Canada

Comment

Working...
                              X