From Dennis on SASCO situation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From Dennis on SASCO situation

Just talked to Dennis about the fate of SASCO and would like to sum it up. Nothing is yet written in stone, the city is still working with Dennis and the bank to solve the sprinkler issue. Dennis wants me me to assure you that nothing major will happen without him letting us know. He "may" know more after the International meet in a few weeks, but right now, the possible loss of the building is just speculation on his part. With the South Bend Lathe building coming down, it does not take a genius to see that the SASCO building would stick out like a sore thumb in the cleared area. The fire in the building did provide the city with a excuse to move against the building, but they have not pulled the trigger yet. He'll let us know if things change, but right now, everything is still up in the air and he'd rather we wait to act. There is no question about SASCO's status at the International meet, he'll be open for business as normal.

JDP/Maryland

64 Commander
    64 GT R2 clone-63 GT R2
    63 Avanti R1
    63 Daytona convert-63
    63 Lark 2 door
    62 Lark 2 door
    60 Lark HT-60Hawk
    59 3E truck
    52 & 53 Starliner
    51 Commander

JDP Maryland

So...
    Do you think Dennis will have a 'buy one, get twenty free' sale at the International Meet?[}]
    Jeff[8D]

DEEPNHOCK at Gmail.com
    Brooklet, Georgia
    '37 Coupe Express (never ending project)
    '37 Coupe Express Trailer (project)
    '61 Hawk (project)
    http://community.webshots.com/user/deepnhock

HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

So...
      Do you think Dennis will have a 'buy one, get twenty free' sale at the International Meet?[}]
      Jeff[8D]

DEEPNHOCK at Gmail.com
      Brooklet, Georgia
      '37 Coupe Express (never ending project)
      '37 Coupe Express Trailer (project)
      '61 Hawk (project)
      http://community.webshots.com/user/deepnhock

HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Well, If the city wants to tear down his building at some point and put up an industrial park, why couldn't they build the first building of the park on one of the adjacent lots and let SASCO move in there as the first tenant (and an anchor) for the new park? That way everyone wins, except that the old engineering building is pulled down.
        "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

Well, If the city wants to tear down his building at some point and put up an industrial park, why couldn't they build the first building of the park on one of the adjacent lots and let SASCO move in there as the first tenant (and an anchor) for the new park? That way everyone wins, except that the old engineering building is pulled down.
          "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Scott

Scott, just being realistic, the rent on a new building will be considerably higher than what Dennis is paying for his 70+ year old building. The city would need a major guilt complex to subsidize SASCO's rent. It would be great in that the transfer of parts would be 'easier' than shipping the stuff even a few miles. I'll agree this would be a great compromise. This might also make a sale of the business if Dennis decided to exit from the business provided that the rent cost was transferable.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Tom - Valrico, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
            1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Scott

Scott, just being realistic, the rent on a new building will be considerably higher than what Dennis is paying for his 70+ year old building. The city would need a major guilt complex to subsidize SASCO's rent. It would be great in that the transfer of parts would be 'easier' than shipping the stuff even a few miles. I'll agree this would be a great compromise. This might also make a sale of the business if Dennis decided to exit from the business provided that the rent cost was transferable.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Tom - Valrico, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
              1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

I too am VERY disturbed about what might happen here; but realistically, I see nothing I personally can do... so my plan of action is this:

I'm monitoring the situation, and if something comes up that those who are TOTALLY involved and knowledgeable say I can do personally, I'm ready and all over it! In the meantime, I'm getting a 32 ft. enclosed trailer and soe finances lined up, in case an auction of the inventory is announced...

And praying for a resolution that's satisfactory for all concerned!

Robert K. Andrews Owner- IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
                Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

I too am VERY disturbed about what might happen here; but realistically, I see nothing I personally can do... so my plan of action is this:

I'm monitoring the situation, and if something comes up that those who are TOTALLY involved and knowledgeable say I can do personally, I'm ready and all over it! In the meantime, I'm getting a 32 ft. enclosed trailer and soe finances lined up, in case an auction of the inventory is announced...

And praying for a resolution that's satisfactory for all concerned!

Robert K. Andrews Owner- IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
                  Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

I just keep doing my part by buying more parts for my Lark from Dennis and the gang. Placed another order today, wait and see folks.

Randy_G
                    1959 Lark Sedan
                    This website is for sale! automotivehistoryonline.com is your first and best source for information about automotivehistoryonline. Here you will also find topics relating to issues of general interest. We hope you find what you are looking for!

Comment

I just keep doing my part by buying more parts for my Lark from Dennis and the gang. Placed another order today, wait and see folks.

Randy_G
                      1959 Lark Sedan
                      This website is for sale! automotivehistoryonline.com is your first and best source for information about automotivehistoryonline. Here you will also find topics relating to issues of general interest. We hope you find what you are looking for!

Comment

Working...
                      X