What would it take to find?...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would it take to find?...

I bought an old Ford LTD from the 80's last month, and the guy I bought it from handed me the keys on the original key fob from the dealership it was originally sold from in 1985. It made me wonder:

Did any Studebaker dealers have any kind of key chains/fobs that they gave to buyers when they purchased a car from their lot? And if so, what would it take (cost) to procure one? I would love to have an original Studebaker dealer key chain/fob from the 60's to complement my keys!

Studebaker Key Fobs

Many Stude. Dealers had some kind of "giveaway" gift for new car buyers. The Dealer my Dad sold Cars for, sometimes gave out the Leather impression stamped key cases with a screw for the keys at one end and a snap to close it. One Side had a wide Studebaker V with the "S" through it, and the other had their Name and address.

I have seen some from other Dealers with the plain ol plastic "Fob" type stamped with the Dealer name and address also.

You can still buy the new production leather "Studebaker" Key Fobs though, from Studebaker Vendors in several designs like Studebaker, Hawk, Avanti etc.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Dick Quinn probably has hundreds of them, tutone. He might sell a duplicate. Contact him. BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Check this thread:
        Gary Sanders
        Nixa, MO

Comment

Neat Idea.
          But any good size town will have an advertising specialty company...you could buy some there for not too much money.
          Pick a famous Stude dealer (Frost and French, Newman & Altman) and have 100 of them made, I'm sure you'd sell them.
          63 Avanti R1 2788
          1914 Stutz Bearcat
          (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

Here's my favorite style. Stude dealers used these in the early '50s, possibly late '40s too....................

Restorations by Skip Towne

Comment

Yes, I have several dozen. I have duplicates of some I sell on Ebay. I have quite a few of the one above. Send me
              your address and I will mail you one. This dealer was in Wauwatosa, Wisconsin (Milwaukee). Anyone else interested
              send $3.50 and I will mail one. That should cover the cost of the padded envelope and postage.
              Richard Quinn
              Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

Here's a leather case like Rich was talking about. From 1962, McClelland Motor Co on Wylie Ave., Washington, Pa.
                It has "Studebaker-Lark" on one side and "Mercedes Benz" with crest on the other.
                I also have a similar light blue leather case from Indiana Sales and Service in Indiana, Pa.

Last edited by rockne10; 02-06-2011, 10:14 AM.
                Brad Johnson,
                SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Here's what Frost and French supplied when my GT was purchased there in 1970.
                  I'm guessing the indentation across the bottom is for an adhesive strip to write add'l info.

Andy
                  62 GT

Comment

Originally posted by Studebaker Wheel
                    Yes, I have several dozen. I have duplicates of some I sell on Ebay. I have quite a few of the one above. Send me
                    your address and I will mail you one. This dealer was in Wauwatosa, Wisconsin (Milwaukee). Anyone else interested
                    send $3.50 and I will mail one. That should cover the cost of the padded envelope and postage.
                    Richard, I tried to send a PM, but your mailbox is full. My '60 Marshal was sold at Vliet St. Motors, so one of those key chains would be a nice addition. PM me with your info when you get a chance. Thanks
                    Skinny___'59 Lark VIII Regal____'60 Lark Marshal___

Comment

Thanks Richard!! I sent you a PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X