Celebration of Automobiles 100th aniversary Indianapolis 500

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Celebration of Automobiles 100th aniversary Indianapolis 500

My wife and I submitted an application for this car show celebrating the 100th aniversary of the Indianapolis 500. It required several photos and previous show events the car had participated and won. As you filled the application out(online) it had a drop down menu of car manufacturers, well Studebaker was not even listed. No big suprise there!

Anyway they were choosing 250 cars, our 1956 Golden Hawk has been invited to attend. We need to now submit more photos and a history of the car by February 18th. The show is at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway on May 13-15,2011. The entry fee is a mere $100.00! Tickets to the VIP Banquet and awards dinner are $200.00 per person, now should we choose not to attend the Awards banquet would that make us a CASO?

We are happy they chose at least one Studebaker, wonder if I can recruit a "pit crew" for detailing the car...LOL.

It is an addiction!

Sure, Joe; sign me up for the Pit Crew. Congratulations!

(You're buying all of us the $200 VIP Banquet & Awards Dinner tickets for helping, right?) <GGG> BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Guy's..
      OK a newbie question.. What is a CASO?
      By the way.. Beautiful car!
      Ron Husak
      Conifer, CO

Originally posted by jbwhttail View Post
      My wife and I submitted an application for this car show celebrating the 100th aniversary of the Indianapolis 500. It required several photos and previous show events the car had participated and won. As you filled the application out(online) it had a drop down menu of car manufacturers, well Studebaker was not even listed. No big suprise there!

Anyway they were choosing 250 cars, our 1956 Golden Hawk has been invited to attend. We need to now submit more photos and a history of the car by February 18th. The show is at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway on May 13-15,2011. The entry fee is a mere $100.00! Tickets to the VIP Banquet and awards dinner are $200.00 per person, now should we choose not to attend the Awards banquet would that make us a CASO?

We are happy they chose at least one Studebaker, wonder if I can recruit a "pit crew" for detailing the car...LOL.

Ron Husak
      Conifer, CO
      Living at 9200 feet and lovin it!
      63 avanti R2 63R-2648

Comment

Originally posted by ronhusak View Post
        Guy's..
        OK a newbie question.. What is a CASO?
        By the way.. Beautiful car!
        Ron Husak
        Conifer, CO
        Ron: CASO is an indelciate reference to the perceived frugality of Studebaker hobbyists: Cheap A** Studebaker Owner. BP
        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

The entry fee is a mere $100.00! Tickets to the VIP Banquet and awards dinner are $200.00 per person, now should we choose not to attend the Awards banquet would that make us a CASO?
          One almost can't ask for a better representation of the Studebaker marque. Now all we need is a 1931 Four Season's roadster with the Speedway option, and an R-3 Avanti to complete the picture! I would say 'absolutely' to attending the banquet, but dam'n, the food BETTER be GOOD for that kind of coin!!

Craig

Comment

No, I will NOT wax the transmission pan....

Comment

Congrats, Joe. That's really a great honor. Pretty pricey day to just be there, let alone other expenses...is there a donation involved in that price, expensive venue rental, or is that blatantly riffraff aimed? At least you live there for other saving expenses.

Strange that that they didn't even know of their own history with Studebaker's pace car involvement enough to list them. Good job straightening them out. Your car sure deserves to be there. The Forum should start a dinner fund for you two to pick up any possible trophy involved. Can't miss that.

Comment

Originally posted by barnlark View Post
                Strange that that they didn't even know of their own history with Studebaker's pace car involvement enough to list them. Good job straightening them out. Your car sure deserves to be there. The Forum should start a dinner fund for you two to pick up any possible trophy involved. Can't miss that.
                Boy, I thought that myself Dave. Inexcusable on their part, especially in that every Studebaker to have paced the "500" was built in Indiana, for Pete's sake! Ridiculous. BP

Comment

Bob..
                  Should have known!
                  Ron a true CASO

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
                  Ron: CASO is an indelciate reference to the perceived frugality of Studebaker hobbyists: Cheap A** Studebaker Owner. BP
                  Ron Husak
                  Conifer, CO
                  Living at 9200 feet and lovin it!
                  63 avanti R2 63R-2648

Comment

It would be great to have more Studes represented....I think a Bulletnose, a 53 C/K, Lark, R-2 Daytona, and Avanti should all be there....

As previously mentioned, I'll be there for the concurrent Stutz Centennial Celebration...so I'll see you there.
                    BTW: I won't be going to the dinner, the Stutz event cost $300 (it covers a host of events and a couple of fancy dinners), so that blows my budget...
                    63 Avanti R1 2788
                    1914 Stutz Bearcat
                    (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

hey that's cool....btw, love the color combo on the beautiful hawk...are they factory colors? congrats. Junior
                      sigpic
                      1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

They are factory colors, 9 built in South Bend and 3 in L A, rarest of all color combo's. It is a number correct and color correct car.

Matt we don't need the transmission pan waxed, but maybe you want to polish stainless..........lol! We are excited to be chosen and have a "to do list" growing.....
                        It is an addiction!

Comment

I just talked to Don + Ann Plesner, also from Indy. Their '61 Lark 4 door has also been accepted. The more Studebakers the better!
                          Neil

1964 Daytona Convertible
                          1964 Daytona Hardtop
                          1962 Champ Truck
                          1957 Golden Hawk

Comment

Matt we don't need the transmission pan waxed, but maybe you want to polish stainless..........lol!
                            I don't think so... I can't improve upon Lark Parker stainless.

Comment

We are definitely looking forward to participating in the Show and taking part in all the events

Don Plesner

Comment

Working...
                              X