Avanti R2 Bonnet and Air Cleaner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avanti R2 Bonnet and Air Cleaner

Does anyone know the going rate for an R2 air cleaner and bonnet or where to get them?

Nick

Originally posted by 61Lark View Post
    Does anyone know the going rate for an R2 air cleaner and bonnet or where to get them?

Nick
    There is one on E-BAY.

Bob Langer
    Glenshaw,PA

Comment

beware the one on e-bay. the photo used is identical to the one for an Avanti that was for a sale in the San Jose craigslist. It was being sold as part of the car to restore it back to R2 original configuration. May just be a coincidence but Sunnyvale is right next to San Jose.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Langer View Post
        Is that a fair price or is it a little high for the parts?

Comment

Originally posted by 61Lark View Post

Nick
          Is it going in an Avanti, Hawk, or Lark? All three air cleaners are different. Carburetor bonnets are different between Avanti and Hawk/Lark. The Ebay one is for an Avanti.

The price is about right. The carburetor bonnets (repops) are $150. Hawk Air Canisters are big bucks if you can find one ($300-450). Lark and Avanti's are more common. It Looks like you would have to re-plate that Ebay one so think about $150-200 more/
          Last edited by studebaker-R2-4-me; 02-03-2011, 01:56 PM.
          1964 GT Hawk
          PSMCDR 2014
          Best time: 14.473 sec. 96.57 MPH quarter mile
          PSMCDR 2013
          Best time: 14.654 sec. 94.53 MPH quarter

Victoria, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by studebaker-R2-4-me View Post
            Is it going in an Avanti, Hawk, or Lark? All three air cleaners are different. Carburator bonnets are different between Avanti and Hawk/Lark. The ebay one is for an Avanti.
            It will going on an Avanti. I've already got an air cleaner, but it is in pretty rough shape.

Nick

Comment

I have an Avanti air cleaner it's "decent" but not perfect. send me a PM if interested.

Jim
              "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
              their Memorials!

Comment

Working...
              X