55 Studebaker Dream Car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 55 Studebaker Dream Car

This has probably been posted before. If it has my apologies. If you haven't seen this, it is pretty cool. Ahead
    of his time

Popular Mechanics inspires, instructs and influences readers to help them master the modern world. Whether it’s practical DIY home-improvement tips, gadgets and digital technology, information on the newest cars or the latest breakthroughs in science -- PM is the ultimate guide to our high-tech lifestyle.
    Working on old cars separates the men from the golfers.

I've never seen that before! Thank you for posting!

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

I have seen the story before, pretty amazing! The Instructor is from my Alma Mater, El camino College!

A bit before my time there however.
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I seem to recall reading about that car before (probably IN the Popular Mechanix magazine). When I think about it -- doesn't it seem like so many "Visions of the Future" were thought of and actually made in the Fabulous Fifties? I scrolled up and down in the content of the magazine herewith and there is so much wonderful history "In the making" going on back then. I liked the article about a Highway Patrolman who welded two hoods together from 1948 'automobiles' and made a very nice boat! Cost him $12.00.
        JimsLeadCommander

Comment

Uh OH! Don't let Chris Dresbach see that "Wheeled litter for rescue work" in the link.
          KURTRUK
          (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

Also on page 78 it has a report on 1958 Scotsmans, what people think about it.
            101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

Very cool. With all that devised in '55, I wonder what took Google so long to develop their driverless cars.

On a side note, the lady on page 99 seems really, really happy about item #6 in the "What's New for Your Home" article.
              Andy
              62 GT

Comment

Working...
              X