• Different sorta Mustang

Here's a real deal to own a custom Mustang convertible![:0]

Miscreant adrift in
    the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Yuk! and the scary part was, when it said $83,000 hahahahahahahah

Bob Johnstone
    64 GT Hawk (K7)
    1970 Avanti (R3)

Comment

Yuk! and the scary part was, when it said $83,000 hahahahahahahah

Bob Johnstone
      64 GT Hawk (K7)
      1970 Avanti (R3)

Comment

I think you've just proven that the Mustang was a copy of the Avanti. (or was that the Avanti was a copy of the Mustang).

[)]

Dick Steinkamp
        Bellingham, WA

Comment

I think you've just proven that the Mustang was a copy of the Avanti. (or was that the Avanti was a copy of the Mustang).

[)]

Dick Steinkamp
          Bellingham, WA

Comment

I was at the Avanti plant's grand openeing in Ville Rica, GA, and got a tour of the factory and all the stages of the building of these cars. I've even had the chance to ride in a '04 model Avanti a few times since then. And, there's nothing special about them other than the name. [V] They're like any other new car on the market. The original Tom Kellogg design knocks the socks off that 'Custom Mustang'. [8D]

Oh yeah, touring the Avanti plant wasn't all bad, I got to shake hands with Mr. Kellogg himself. [:0]

Matthew Burnette
            Hazlehurst, Georgia
            '59 Scotsman PU
            '63 Daytona HT

Simply Orange

Comment

I was at the Avanti plant's grand openeing in Ville Rica, GA, and got a tour of the factory and all the stages of the building of these cars. I've even had the chance to ride in a '04 model Avanti a few times since then. And, there's nothing special about them other than the name. [V] They're like any other new car on the market. The original Tom Kellogg design knocks the socks off that 'Custom Mustang'. [8D]

Oh yeah, touring the Avanti plant wasn't all bad, I got to shake hands with Mr. Kellogg himself. [:0]

Matthew Burnette
              Hazlehurst, Georgia
              '59 Scotsman PU
              '63 Daytona HT

Simply Orange

Comment

Just think of the poor guys that paid the 83K sticker.

JDP/Maryland

64 Commander
                64 GT R2 clone-63 GT R2
                63 Avanti R1
                63 Daytona convert-63
                63 Lark 2 door
                62 Lark 2 door
                60 Lark HT-60Hawk
                59 3E truck
                52 & 53 Starliner
                51 Commander

JDP Maryland

Comment

Just think of the poor guys that paid the 83K sticker.

JDP/Maryland

64 Commander
                  64 GT R2 clone-63 GT R2
                  63 Avanti R1
                  63 Daytona convert-63
                  63 Lark 2 door
                  62 Lark 2 door
                  60 Lark HT-60Hawk
                  59 3E truck
                  52 & 53 Starliner
                  51 Commander

JDP Maryland

Comment

I think I'd only pay that kind of money for a Mustang if it came from Shelby or maybe that 'Cat in the Hat' guy...
                    and even then it'd have to be their VERY BEST!!!!

StudeDave [8D]
                    V/P San Diego County SDC
                    San Diego, Ca

'54 Commander 4dr 'Ruby'
                    '57 Parkview (it's a 2dr wagon...) 'Betsy'
                    '57 Commander 2dr 'Baby'
                    '57 Champion 2dr 'Jewel'
                    '58 Packard sedan 'Cleo'
                    '65 Cruiser 'Sweet Pea'
                    StudeDave '57
                    US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
                    SDC Member since 1985

past President
                    Whatcom County Chapter SDC
                    San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
                    San Diego Chapter SDC
                    North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

I think I'd only pay that kind of money for a Mustang if it came from Shelby or maybe that 'Cat in the Hat' guy...
                      and even then it'd have to be their VERY BEST!!!!

StudeDave [8D]
                      V/P San Diego County SDC
                      San Diego, Ca

'54 Commander 4dr 'Ruby'
                      '57 Parkview (it's a 2dr wagon...) 'Betsy'
                      '57 Commander 2dr 'Baby'
                      '57 Champion 2dr 'Jewel'
                      '58 Packard sedan 'Cleo'
                      '65 Cruiser 'Sweet Pea'
                      StudeDave '57
                      US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
                      SDC Member since 1985

past President
                      Whatcom County Chapter SDC
                      San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
                      San Diego Chapter SDC
                      North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

Gorgeous car! Could probably evict one of my REAL Studes![]

I love everything about it, with two small exceptions:

1. I'd much prefer a front bumper; looks incomplete to me

2. The filler that slides with that Mustang shifter picks up an unsightly scuff in short order; plus with that body I'mm picturing a ball knob type shifter

Other than that- [][:X][8D]

Robert K. Andrews Owner- IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
                        Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Gorgeous car! Could probably evict one of my REAL Studes![]

I love everything about it, with two small exceptions:

1. I'd much prefer a front bumper; looks incomplete to me

2. The filler that slides with that Mustang shifter picks up an unsightly scuff in short order; plus with that body I'mm picturing a ball knob type shifter

Other than that- [][:X][8D]

Robert K. Andrews Owner- IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
                          Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

"2007 Avanti Convertible convertible"

Hey, its a convertible convertible! I see they have changed their
                            wheel choice now. Those look like my buddies aftermarket '98 Mustang
                            wheels. They have more clearance in the back for 4 piston calipers.

The proportions seem odd on the new Avanti, and the Vert looks much
                            better than the coupe. They screwed up the coupe rear greenhouse. At
                            last we heard on AOAI, Avanti in Mexico had closed their doors due to
                            the Micheal Kelly scandal shortly after cutting ties with him. All the
                            capital is tied up from the investigation. Apparently the while deal
                            was done with stolen money from a real estate scam Kelly was running.
                            The Avanti factory was locked up at the end of Feb/start of April.[:0]

Tom

'63 Avanti, zinc plated drilled & slotted 03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, soon: 97 Z28 T-56 6-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves, 'R3' 276 cam, Edelbrock AFB Carb, GM HEI distributor, 8.8mm plug wires
                            '63 Avanti R1, '03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, TKO 5-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves.
                            Check out my disc brake adapters to install 1994-2004 Mustang disc brakes on your Studebaker!!
                            http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...bracket-update
                            I have also written many TECH how to articles, do a search for my Forum name to find them

Comment

"2007 Avanti Convertible convertible"

Hey, its a convertible convertible! I see they have changed their
                              wheel choice now. Those look like my buddies aftermarket '98 Mustang
                              wheels. They have more clearance in the back for 4 piston calipers.

The proportions seem odd on the new Avanti, and the Vert looks much
                              better than the coupe. They screwed up the coupe rear greenhouse. At
                              last we heard on AOAI, Avanti in Mexico had closed their doors due to
                              the Micheal Kelly scandal shortly after cutting ties with him. All the
                              capital is tied up from the investigation. Apparently the while deal
                              was done with stolen money from a real estate scam Kelly was running.
                              The Avanti factory was locked up at the end of Feb/start of April.[:0]

Tom

'63 Avanti, zinc plated drilled & slotted 03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, soon: 97 Z28 T-56 6-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves, 'R3' 276 cam, Edelbrock AFB Carb, GM HEI distributor, 8.8mm plug wires
                              '63 Avanti R1, '03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, TKO 5-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves.
                              Check out my disc brake adapters to install 1994-2004 Mustang disc brakes on your Studebaker!!
                              http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...bracket-update
                              I have also written many TECH how to articles, do a search for my Forum name to find them

Comment

Working...
                              X