Lark looks like a good parts car in KS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lark looks like a good parts car in KS

Or maybe a project worth finishing. The (appears to be) NOS fenders caught my eye. Might be worth looking into:

Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
    Romans 15:13
    Deuteronomy 31:6
    Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Originally posted by Bob Andrews View Post
    Or maybe a project worth finishing. The (appears to be) NOS fenders caught my eye. Might be worth looking into:

http://kansascity.craigslist.org/cto/2187797060.html
    It's on Ebay too. Too much for the faint of heart to even imagine rebuilding. You would be better off finding another body and using the NOS parts.

1964 GT Hawk
    PSMCDR 2014
    Best time: 14.473 sec. 96.57 MPH quarter mile
    PSMCDR 2013
    Best time: 14.654 sec. 94.53 MPH quarter

Victoria, Canada

Comment

I think the add is wrong should rear $400.00
      Candbstudebakers
      Castro Valley,
      California

Comment

An opening eBay bid of $4000 for a six cylinder sedan hulk with about $500 worth of new parts.
        Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by candbstudebakers View Post
          I think the add is wrong should read $400.00
          Originally posted by studegary View Post
          An opening eBay bid of $4000 for a six cylinder sedan hulk with about $500 worth of new parts.
          I disagree! You missed the list of NOS metal:

* Both Quarter Panels. (Still in Studebaker boxes)
          * Both Front Fenders, and moldings.
          * Hood.
          * Deck Lid.
          * Complete Sheet metal for outer front end.
          * Full panel under deck lid.
          * Grille.
          * Rear Bumper Balance.

For starters, we know NOS early Lark fenders have been selling for $1K/pair. What's the rest of the NOS worth? I see lenses in plastic too. Who knows what else might be there that isn't mentioned? The used panels on it don't look bad. What are the decent-looking used panels worth?

I agree it isn't really worth fixing. I thought it might be a good deal for maybe a grand or $1500 if one was nearby. Admittedly that's a ways from 4 large, but you never know till you try... I hadn't seen the eBay listing with the $4K opener. To me that makes it a non-starter
          Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Bob,59,60 lark fronts may or may not bring $1,000.00 ? but do we even know that those are in fact the early fenders?,I can't tell by the pics thay might be 61-63 fenders and the guy does'nt even know it.
            Originally posted by Bob Andrews View Post
            I disagree! You missed the list of NOS metal:

* Both Quarter Panels. (Still in Studebaker boxes)
            * Both Front Fenders, and moldings.
            * Hood.
            * Deck Lid.
            * Complete Sheet metal for outer front end.
            * Full panel under deck lid.
            * Grille.
            * Rear Bumper Balance.

For starters, we know NOS early Lark fenders have been selling for $1K/pair. What's the rest of the NOS worth? I see lenses in plastic too. Who knows what else might be there that isn't mentioned? The used panels on it don't look bad. What are the decent-looking used panels worth?

I agree it isn't really worth fixing. I thought it might be a good deal for maybe a grand or $1500 if one was nearby. Admittedly that's a ways from 4 large, but you never know till you try... I hadn't seen the eBay listing with the $4K opener. To me that makes it a non-starter
            Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

True, Joe. My comments are based on assuming the parts are as the seller claims.
              Proud NON-CASO

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Originally posted by 63t-cab View Post
                Bob,59,60 lark fronts may or may not bring $1,000.00 ? but do we even know that those are in fact the early fenders?,I can't tell by the pics thay might be 61-63 fenders and the guy does'nt even know it.
                Besides trim hole locations, what are obvious indicators/differences between the 59/60 fenders and the 61-63 ones?
                \'57 3E6-12 Transtar Deluxe
                \'64 Daytona HT

Comment

Originally posted by snowy_buffalo View Post
                  Besides trim hole locations, what are obvious indicators/differences between the 59/60 fenders and the 61-63 ones?
                  The rocker panel style changed in '61, so the 61-63 fenders are about an inch and a half shorter at the bottom where they meet the rocker.
                  Skinny___'59 Lark VIII Regal____'60 Lark Marshal___

Comment

Working...
                  X