Latest on SASCO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latest on SASCO

Had a chance Friday and Saturday to visit with Dennis Lambert at the swap meet at Sasco and his take on what the city is up to is the buildings in that area will be razed, South Bend Lathe is next and after that Sasco he figures. He said the bank will be making the decisions as to what will happen to the inventory as Dennis is too old to start over(his words)He thinks this will take place within the next year.Plans are to build an industrial park on that whole area that is being cleared.
    Frank van Doorn
    Omaha, Ne.
    1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
    1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
    1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

DAMN!!![V]
    No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

DAMN!!![V]
      No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

To be perfectly frank: Too bad we didn't know all this before we built the new museum. We need to start spending Studebaker dollars in cities that welcome them.

Studedude1961
        --1963 Cruiser

Comment

To be perfectly frank: Too bad we didn't know all this before we built the new museum. We need to start spending Studebaker dollars in cities that welcome them.

Studedude1961
          --1963 Cruiser

Comment

OK, if this is the case, what do we (as a community of Stude lovers) do to protect this valuable resource? I hate to think of some pinstriped 30-year-old MBA bank employee deciding the fate of "a bunch of obsolete old car parts". You know how that'll turn out.

[img=left]http://members.cox.net/clarknovak/lark.gif[/img=left]

Clark in San Diego
            '63 F2/Lark Standard

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

OK, if this is the case, what do we (as a community of Stude lovers) do to protect this valuable resource? I hate to think of some pinstriped 30-year-old MBA bank employee deciding the fate of "a bunch of obsolete old car parts". You know how that'll turn out.

[img=left]http://members.cox.net/clarknovak/lark.gif[/img=left]

Clark in San Diego
              '63 F2/Lark Standard

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

I'll stay in touch with Dennis, but basically the bank owns the parts. If the city works a deal to use tax payer money to settle with the bank, it's auction time. If that happens, the "gravy" (perhaps 10% volume wise) will be saved.

JDP/Maryland

64 Commander
                64 GT R2 clone-63 GT R2
                63 Avanti R1
                63 Daytona convert-63
                63 Lark 2 door
                62 Lark 2 door
                60 Lark HT-60Hawk
                59 3E truck
                52 & 53 Starliner
                51 Commander

JDP Maryland

Comment

I'll stay in touch with Dennis, but basically the bank owns the parts. If the city works a deal to use tax payer money to settle with the bank, it's auction time. If that happens, the "gravy" (perhaps 10% volume wise) will be saved.

JDP/Maryland

64 Commander
                  64 GT R2 clone-63 GT R2
                  63 Avanti R1
                  63 Daytona convert-63
                  63 Lark 2 door
                  62 Lark 2 door
                  60 Lark HT-60Hawk
                  59 3E truck
                  52 & 53 Starliner
                  51 Commander

JDP Maryland

Comment

It's hard to believe that out of 13,000 members in the club we don't have few in positions of power in Indiana. Or at least a few good attorneys that might find a way to help. What's a club for if members that have the ability to make a difference don't bother?
                    "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

It's hard to believe that out of 13,000 members in the club we don't have few in positions of power in Indiana. Or at least a few good attorneys that might find a way to help. What's a club for if members that have the ability to make a difference don't bother?
                      "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

I'm having trouble with the idea of what was gone thru with finances and the city just a few years ago only to find there's a new course being set now.

The longer we sit on our collective hands, the less time we have to swing at the ball as it approaches home plate. When the ball's about to snuggle into the catcher's mit, it's too late to try and take a swing at it.

I'm gonna write. I'm gonna write as respectfully as I can and plead my own little, selfish case. Maybe I don't support much of South Bend with my occasional contributions, but once they don't have to worry about enticing me to their fine city anymore, they can focus their tourist dollars on drawing a bigger crowd to the College Football Hall of Fame.[^]

Miscreant adrift in
                        the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                        1960 Larkvertible V8
                        1958 Provincial wagon
                        1953 Commander coupe

Comment

I'm having trouble with the idea of what was gone thru with finances and the city just a few years ago only to find there's a new course being set now.

The longer we sit on our collective hands, the less time we have to swing at the ball as it approaches home plate. When the ball's about to snuggle into the catcher's mit, it's too late to try and take a swing at it.

I'm gonna write. I'm gonna write as respectfully as I can and plead my own little, selfish case. Maybe I don't support much of South Bend with my occasional contributions, but once they don't have to worry about enticing me to their fine city anymore, they can focus their tourist dollars on drawing a bigger crowd to the College Football Hall of Fame.[^]

Miscreant adrift in
                          the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                          1960 Larkvertible V8
                          1958 Provincial wagon
                          1953 Commander coupe

Comment

[quote]Originally posted by showbizkid

[quote]

Well - I just sent an email with a link to this thread and a plea to do something (for the sake of the SDC'c future) at the International Meet to every long-time SDC member and high mucky-muck I know.
                            Anyone else care to do the same in their neck of the woods? I'm in Wichita, KS.

Chris Pile
                            The Studebaker Special
                            Midway Chapter SDC
                            The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

[quote]Originally posted by showbizkid

[quote]

Well - I just sent an email with a link to this thread and a plea to do something (for the sake of the SDC'c future) at the International Meet to every long-time SDC member and high mucky-muck I know.
                              Anyone else care to do the same in their neck of the woods? I'm in Wichita, KS.

Chris Pile
                              The Studebaker Special
                              Midway Chapter SDC
                              The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Working...
                              X