. Spot The Studebaker . . . . . . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• . Spot The Studebaker . . . . . . .

Of course it`s easy to spot . It`s a Studebaker !

I see what looks to be a 50 in the right lane 2nd car from the back.
    Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

It's a bullet nose at the far right of the photo.
      Rog
      '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
      Smithtown,NY
      Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

I think that is a parking strip but that's the one I see also
        Candbstudebakers
        Castro Valley,
        California

Comment

Heck, I'm trying to figure out what kind of car it is that tumbled onto the railroad tracks! BP
          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

I was wondering also,could it be a Henry J ?
            Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
            Heck, I'm trying to figure out what kind of car it is that tumbled onto the railroad tracks! BP
            Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

I,m guessing 49-51 chevy fastback!
              Tom McCaffrey

Comment

Was that pic. taken in L.A.? Looks like Boyle-Heights, City-Terrace . Today would be the 10 freeway between the 5 and the 710 looking south from County Hospital area. Ed Murray has a shop there.

Comment

I love these old pictures. Keep em coming!

Comment

The Stude. on the shoulder is a 1950 Champion Starlight Coupe.

But I was like Bob P, trying without any luck to I.D. that wreck! The rear 1/4 Windows look very strange, like a fairly late model '70's? Mercury Capri, didn't the GM fastbacks rear window edge taper all the way down to the bottom, instead of meeting in the center like that?

Maybe a Cadillac?
                    Last edited by StudeRich; 02-01-2011, 12:50 PM.
                    StudeRich
                    Second Generation Stude Driver,
                    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I flipped it over, enlarged it, and lightened it up some. Maybe this will help.... I think its a 2 door sedan or coupe
                      Attached Files

Jeff in ND

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
                        Was that pic. taken in L.A.? Looks like Boyle-Heights, City-Terrace . Today would be the 10 freeway between the 5 and the 710 looking south from County Hospital area. Ed Murray has a shop there.
                        Is the bridge where this shot was taken still there? It would be interesting to see how developed that hill is with a similar shot done today if you get near there some day. You don't see any empty spaces like that any more out there.

Oh, to have been a real estate speculator back then. Even, when I first lived there in '65 there were really some wide open spaces still available.

When I first saw the back of that car on the tracks I thought it might be a Tucker, but it appears to be a two door with less side windows. It also looks like behind the main pole closest to the camera on the berm and in the right lane are three possible Studes. The '50 or '51 dead center of the photo on the berm is a given, but I don't see any to the far right of the photo.

Comment

Originally posted by barnlark View Post
                          It also looks like behind the main pole closest to the camera on the berm and in the right lane are three possible Studes.
                          Nope, all Chevies and Fords.
                          StudeRich
                          Second Generation Stude Driver,
                          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
                            Nope, all Chevies and Fords.
                            Rich, you must have a better view of the cars on the berm after the digital distortion of zooming in than do I. I sure can't tell what they are for sure. The '40 Ford, maybe. The one obscured by the pole is really hard to tell what it is. Thought maybe it might be a '48-'49 Studie. I sure can't see details well enough after a zoom to bet my life on a positive ID like the Starlight being a '50 Champion. The actual print would be an easy spot for everything. Those were usually shot with a nice large format camera.

Cool moment in time. I love those old news file shots.
                            Maybe this will help ID the wreck.

Last edited by barnlark; 02-01-2011, 03:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by barnlark View Post
                              Maybe this will help ID the wreck.

Dave, can you rotate that image 180 degrees?
                              I can't seem to concentrate when I am standing on my head, and I am really intrigued by what it might be.
                              Thanks. Bob
                              We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Working...
                              X