Good Studebaker Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Studebaker Day

71 degrees here in the Oklahoma hills. Cut a tree down for fire wood got it split and decided to Studebaker the rest of the day. So I got 3 Studebakers and a 1965 Mustang out of the garage check them all over and washed them and took them all for a little drive. I know nobody likes yellow Studebakers but I love it.
    Attached Files

What's wrong with yellow Studebakers?? I like 'em!

Comment

I like ALL your stuff, Carl!

We had a record high of 72 yesterday here in Wichita, so I opened all the windows and the roof on the Wagonaire and went for a long drive around town. Just can't figure out why it drives all the old ladies crazy, but they just love that thing!
      The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Originally posted by ST2DE5 View Post
        71 degrees here in the Oklahoma hills. Cut a tree down for fire wood got it split and decided to Studebaker the rest of the day. So I got 3 Studebakers and a 1965 Mustang out of the garage check them all over and washed them and took them all for a little drive.
        In contrast, today it peaked at 20 F degrees here in central Minnesota with a light snow fall in the afternoon. I got my 1965 International snowplow pickup stuck (slid sideways downhill and up against a corner post and couldnt even open the driver side door because of it, and the passenger door was stuck shut so I had to crawl out through the window) and had to pull it out by myself with my 1996 Ford F-150, but first I had to load the back of the Ford full of firewood so that I would have enough ground pressure to pull the stuck plow truck. Upon getting the plow truck unstuck, I was removing the tow strap from the front axle of the plow truck and burned my left knuckle on the downward exhaust pipe. Ouch!

Other than that, my day was pretty much like yours.
        sigpic
        In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

You are having too much fun, Carl!
          sigpic
          Dave Lester

Comment

30 degrees here but went out to the garage and fired up the Lark... come on summer!!! Enjoy your day. :-)

Comment

Hi Carl,

I love the yellow Stude as well as the wife's Mustang!!! I'd cruise around in that baby in a heartbeat. It was 64 today in Middle Tennessee. Inspired by your post I started up the black Cruiser and took it for a spin.

Life is good!
              Cabrina Dieters
              Murfreesboro TN
              1961 Cruiser
              1950 rusty bullet nose

Comment

I think it hit 70 here in south Ga. today, but I didn't get to have any fun. I went to Fla to visit sick relitives. I did have an enjoyable road trip with 3 of my children though. I do enjoy being with my offspring. I even took them by the old Studebaker Dealership in Jacksonville. NT
                Neil Thornton

Comment

I've been doing a bit of weekly maintenance on my '55. Adjusting the clock so it runs right. I got it down to 5 minutes slow a week, think I'll let it go at that. I didn't think I'd adjusted it enough to make a difference last week, it had been 20 minutes slow a week, I certainly can't move the S/F screw 1/4 of what I did last week. The darn clock has been running for a year and a half now, without a break.

Come sunny warm days in March we'll be on the road again.

Comment

Carl, If you ever run out of room at your place, you can keep any one of those at my place....I'll only drive it on Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday!

Comment

Working...
                    X