62 Lark flier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 62 Lark flier

Chained to my home office desk today and came across this and thought I'd share it:

Click image for larger version

Name:	LarkBroch.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	97.7 KB
ID:	1732986

Don't know where I got it. Two minutes to scan, 15 to figure out how to get from 'scanned' to 'posted'
    Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
    Romans 15:13
    Deuteronomy 31:6
    Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Can you say George Jetson? Nice piece, thanks for sharing.
    Working on old cars separates the men from the golfers.

Comment

Aliens from Outer Space need Larks TOO!
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

It was worth the 17 minutes! Thanks!

Comment

Perhaps there was a television commercial for the Lark aired during the season premiere of an outerspace alien television show on September 22, 1961? Maybe "My favorite Martian"?
          sigpic
          In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Interesting. It says, "come see the new '62 Larks" ....and the cars in the "showroom" are clearly the 1959-1961 tail design. BP
            We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Well, the date on the ad is sept 22 1961. I'll bet they didn't want to give any teasers away! Considering they went through a decent facelift that year.

Comment

The other side of it shows it was meant to be folded in thirds. On one third it has the aliens saying "Take us to your leader!". The other has a guy with his hand up saying "Sorry! You'll have to wait until....." Then you open it and see the side I posted.
                Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
                Romans 15:13
                Deuteronomy 31:6
                Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Working...
                X