Shortfall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shortfall

I'm interesting in knowing how SDC, Inc. or what steps are being taken to ensure the national organization will not end this International Meet in the red as happened in 2010. I was distressed to see the Treasurer's Report for 2010 which appeared in TW. That was surprising to me, a layman out here in the boondocks. I'm not looking for blame, just wanting to know that it won't happen in 2011 or beyond.

Frank Drumheller
    Locust Grove, VA
    60S-W6
    1948 M16-52 Boyer-bodied fire truck

I don't have an answer for your question at this time. I really do not think SDC will have the same problems in Springfield that they had in Glendale.
    In future meets the SDC will probably have to write into the contract with the hotel limiting the number of rooms that can be reserved with one CC.
    I'm sure that theSDC board has been addressing the guestion since Glendale and maybe one of them can update us.
    Gary Sanders
    Nixa, MO

Comment

One of the problems was people reserving blocks of rooms at the host hotel and then canceling late, leaving the SDC having to pay for them because minimums were no longer met. That practice won't be allowed for the next meet from what I read.
      Chip
      '63 Cruiser
      '57 Packard wagon
      '61 Lark Regal 4 dr wagon
      '50 Commander 4 dr sedan

Comment

When I arrived at the meet hotel in Glendale last year ,I was told to go to an other hotel close by because they did not have any rooms for SDC.
        I could have used one of the cancelled rooms and added to the minimum.
        I hope that the club will not use the Marriott ever again.
        Robert Kapteyn

Comment

Working...
        X