PDA

View Full Version : Oil Filter connections 58 GH 289

don samborski
05-05-2007, 06:45 PM
Naturally I didn't take enought pictures disassembling my car.
A little confused connecting oil filter back up. The Manual says the supply line connects to the front left bank..(Manual is to 57)
And return line to oil filler pipe.. The tubing i had left on the filter don't seem to fit that pattern. It seems like supply would go to right rear bank, by oil pressure quage connection....Maybe the tubing was two piece and one was removed???
Thanks for any help.

Don,.
1958 Golden Hawk

Thanks for help...I thinks I will just get a new line and run it up to the left bank in front as ones without the Supercharger..Seems best to stick to design.......

N8N
05-05-2007, 10:35 PM
Golden Hawk would have been different than the rest as the filter mounts on the back of the pressure box not the oil fill tube as the rest of the cars did. I used to have a '57 GH blower setup but honestly I don't remember if I had all the oil filter plumbing, and if I did, I don't remember how it was supposed to hook up. I would suspect that it would get pressure from one of the rear pipe plugs however.

nate

--
55 Commander Starlight
http://members.cox.net/njnagel

64V-K7
05-06-2007, 03:32 PM
I believe on my old car (57 GH ), the pickup was from the same tap as the oil pressure line, using a tee and the return went to the oil filler tube in front, routed under the intake manifold..

Bob Johnstone
http://www.studebaker-info.org/7168422/sig2.jpg

StudeRich
05-07-2007, 02:58 PM
Well Don, unfortunently you would be modifing the '58 Golden Hawk setup by connecting to the front of the left head. As Bob tried to tell you the pressure line on Supercharged cars goes to the rear of the Right head. Of cource it will work the same, but you would be varying from "DESIGN" by changing it. Only unsupercharged cars connect to the Left Head.

quote:Originally posted by don samborski

Thanks for help...I thinks I will just get a new line and run it up to the left bank in front as ones without the Supercharger..Seems best to stick to design.......

StudeRich
Studebakers Northwest
Ferndale, WA