Busy day at the shop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Busy day at the shop

Spent all day at the shop. We managed to get the hood and tailgate for the Scotsman painted. Hopefully we'll get them on the truck tomorrow. Then next weekend I hope to drive it to a car rally and 'debut' the fresh paint.

Then we went and picked up a friend's '55 Commander from the starter/generator guy. This is one aggravating little Stude! When the owner gets it home, it always seems to develop a lot of little problems. But whenever it's here at the shop, everything is fine!

After that, my grandad decided to get the '63 GT out and drive it a bit. The car has been sitting since '03 or so. 66K original miles. Never been restored. We poured a little gas down the carb and the 289 roared to life! Still had brakes on it too. (Factory front disks) Heh, my grandad even drove it to the gas station, but when he got back the water pump started leaking. [V]
    Anyways, this car is next on the redo-list. Nothing too special, plain 289 with FOM trans, power front disk brakes, power steering, aftermarket AC.

A few pics, of course...

We do have the overlay for the trunk lid.

There she goes!

Matthew Burnette
    Hazlehurst, Georgia
    '59 Scotsman PU
    '63 Daytona HT

Simply Orange

Blogger is a blog publishing tool from Google for easily sharing your thoughts with the world. Blogger makes it simple to post text, photos and video onto your personal or team blog.

Great Pictures. When I scrolled down to see the 55 I had to do a double take thats exactly like my son's car. His Daily driver.Amazing.

Mabel 1949 Champion
    1957 Silverhawk
    1955 Champion 4Dr.Regal
    Gus 1958 Transtar
    Fresno,Ca

Mabel 1949 Champion
    Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
    Gus 1958 Transtar
    The Prez 1955 President State
    Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
    Daisy 1954 Regal Commander Starlight Coupe
    Fresno,Ca

Comment

Great Pictures. When I scrolled down to see the 55 I had to do a double take thats exactly like my son's car. His Daily driver.Amazing.

Mabel 1949 Champion
      1957 Silverhawk
      1955 Champion 4Dr.Regal
      Gus 1958 Transtar
      Fresno,Ca

Mabel 1949 Champion
      Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
      Gus 1958 Transtar
      The Prez 1955 President State
      Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
      Daisy 1954 Regal Commander Starlight Coupe
      Fresno,Ca

Comment

You better not let your Grandma hear you say that car is nothing special. She'll skin you alive about her Hawk. She's been after me for ayear or so to get it back on the road, and you have jumped in front of her twice now. It's a good thing she loves you! NT

Neil Thornton
        Hazlehurst, GA
        '57 Silver Hawk
        '56 Sky Hawk
        '51 2R16 dump truck
        Many others.

Neil Thornton

Comment

You better not let your Grandma hear you say that car is nothing special. She'll skin you alive about her Hawk. She's been after me for ayear or so to get it back on the road, and you have jumped in front of her twice now. It's a good thing she loves you! NT

Neil Thornton
          Hazlehurst, GA
          '57 Silver Hawk
          '56 Sky Hawk
          '51 2R16 dump truck
          Many others.

Neil Thornton

Comment

Ok ok, I KNOW that the GT is special that way...
            But as far as it being an R car or something with a lot of rare accessories, it's a 'plain' GT Hawk. But, I do think my grandma would get rid of me before she did her Hawk. The car is definitely part of the family!

Matthew Burnette
            Hazlehurst, Georgia
            '59 Scotsman PU
            '63 Daytona HT

Simply Orange

Blogger is a blog publishing tool from Google for easily sharing your thoughts with the world. Blogger makes it simple to post text, photos and video onto your personal or team blog.

Comment

Ok ok, I KNOW that the GT is special that way...
              But as far as it being an R car or something with a lot of rare accessories, it's a 'plain' GT Hawk. But, I do think my grandma would get rid of me before she did her Hawk. The car is definitely part of the family!

Matthew Burnette
              Hazlehurst, Georgia
              '59 Scotsman PU
              '63 Daytona HT

Simply Orange

Comment

Anne,
                You old enough to have a son old enough to reach the pedals?

Brad Johnson
                Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight
                Brad Johnson,
                SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Anne,
                  You old enough to have a son old enough to reach the pedals?

Brad Johnson
                  Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                  '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight
                  Brad Johnson,
                  SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                  Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                  '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                  '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Hey! Matt's back!

Welcome back Matt. When you coming over to replace the power steering
                    hoses on the Avanti??

Tom

'63 Avanti, zinc plated drilled & slotted 03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, soon: 97 Z28 T-56 6-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves, 'R3' 276 cam, Edelbrock AFB Carb, GM HEI distributor, 8.8mm plug wires
                    '63 Avanti R1, '03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, TKO 5-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves.
                    Check out my disc brake adapters to install 1994-2004 Mustang disc brakes on your Studebaker!!
                    http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...bracket-update
                    I have also written many TECH how to articles, do a search for my Forum name to find them

Comment

Hey! Matt's back!

Welcome back Matt. When you coming over to replace the power steering
                      hoses on the Avanti??

Tom

'63 Avanti, zinc plated drilled & slotted 03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, soon: 97 Z28 T-56 6-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves, 'R3' 276 cam, Edelbrock AFB Carb, GM HEI distributor, 8.8mm plug wires
                      '63 Avanti R1, '03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, TKO 5-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves.
                      Check out my disc brake adapters to install 1994-2004 Mustang disc brakes on your Studebaker!!
                      http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...bracket-update
                      I have also written many TECH how to articles, do a search for my Forum name to find them

Comment

Hey Tom. Bring me a set of disk brakes for the Daytona project and I'll be right there.

Matthew Burnette
                        Hazlehurst, Georgia
                        '59 Scotsman PU
                        '63 Daytona HT

Simply Orange

Comment

Hey Tom. Bring me a set of disk brakes for the Daytona project and I'll be right there.

Matthew Burnette
                          Hazlehurst, Georgia
                          '59 Scotsman PU
                          '63 Daytona HT

Simply Orange

Comment

Bet'cha my GT is a Plainer-Jane than your grandma's.Mine has no TT,air or tach.It's only saving grace is it's a rust-free California car the same color as your grandma's.And had zillions of miles on it
                            so it's been one thing after another as far as fixing goes.

Comment

Bet'cha my GT is a Plainer-Jane than your grandma's.Mine has no TT,air or tach.It's only saving grace is it's a rust-free California car the same color as your grandma's.And had zillions of miles on it
                              so it's been one thing after another as far as fixing goes.

Comment

Working...
                              X