Dash (instrument board) support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dash (instrument board) support

I've got a bent rod, threaded on one end, a slotted bolt hole on the other (about 10" long) that I have identified as a dash support, but I can't figure where it goes. I assume it connects the metal instrument board support to the firewall, but the only likely place I see is at the triangular metal support- anyone remember installing this piece?
    Gallivan
    57 Golden Hawk
    Golden, CO

figure 2313-33, part #306347p, brace,inst. board to dash on page 290 of 54- 58 body parts book. I don't remember exactly where it goes but in the book it shows it about center of the dash

Terry

Comment

I acquired one of those from a '54 to retrofit onto my '53. I had to drill a hole in the firewall for it since a '53 does not have one stock. Seems to me the hole is just to the driver's side of the defroster. So, Terry is right and its near the center of the dash but to the passenger side a bit.

If you can account for all other firewall holes in the vicinity of the defroster motor housing then any left are probably it. The threaded end goes through there with the nut on the engine side. Slotted hole goes on the bottom edge of the dash.

Jeff in ND

Comment

To help things along I pulled one of these off of the '55. The threaded end goes through a hole in the firewall and is used to mount one of the four slots in the defroster motor assembly. The slotted end of course bolts to the underside of the dash and is used to support the dash.
        1964 Studebaker Commander R2 clone
        1963 Studebaker Daytona Hardtop with no engine or transmission
        1950 Studebaker 2R5 w/170 six cylinder and 3spd OD
        1955 Studebaker Commander Hardtop w/289 and 3spd OD and Megasquirt port fuel injection(among other things)

Comment

Thanks, everyone!!
          Gallivan
          57 Golden Hawk
          Golden, CO

Comment

Working...
          X