• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From the archives #73 - 1935 Studebaker Coupe Express

OK to make up your own story.
    Richard Quinn
    Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Too bad none were saved,any listed in the antique Studebaker club?
    101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

Is there a well in that fender for a sidemount, Dick, and the piece of tape on the side of the cowl stamping is simply covering a hole that will be used to mount the sidemount hardware?

And I suspect you will be henceforth prohibited from posting any material not containing the likeness of Jenny. BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
        Is there a well in that fender for a sidemount, Dick, and the piece of tape on the side of the cowl stamping is simply covering a hole that will be used to mount the sidemount hardware?

And I suspect you will be henceforth prohibited from posting any material not containing the likeness of Jenny. BP
        No, I don't believe that fender has a sidemount well and that tape on the cowl is a mystery to me. The info on the back of the image tells the story of the car/truck (ute), obviously built in Austarlia. Note how professionally the body work is done. No there was no 1935 (or '36) Coupe Express and too bad about that!

If I had time I would photoshop Jenny into all my photos! Interestingly she is a station wagon fan! She is slowly being educated about the importance of Studebakers to the survival of mankind.
        Richard Quinn
        Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

Wouldn't that be a hit at a show today!
          Don Wilson, Centralia, WA

40 Champion 4 door*
          50 Champion 2 door*
          53 Commander K Auto*
          53 Commander K overdrive*
          55 President Speedster
          62 GT 4Speed*
          63 Avanti R1*
          64 Champ 1/2 ton

* Formerly owned

Comment

Originally posted by Studebaker Wheel View Post
            Interestingly she is a station wagon fan! She is slowly being educated about the importance of Studebakers to the survival of mankind.
            I like her already!

Comment

The Aussies have always been handy with making a car that could also work as a truck.

and

Comment

I want one!

Comment

Working...
                X