This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As Close to the Grove, as You Can Get

Owning an orange truck + photoshop can equal things that are just wrong... [)]

It's not as bad as Jeff Rice's '37 though.

I still think it looks like the University of Texas color, "burnt orange". So, you could call it "Longhorn". The girls would be impressed.

[img=left]http://rocketdillo.com/studebaker/misc/images/Current_Avacar.gif[/img=left] - DilloCrafter

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup
    The Red-Headed Amazon
    Deep in the heart of Texas

Paul Simpson
    "DilloCrafter"

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup
    The Red-Headed Amazon

Comment

I still think it looks like the University of Texas color, "burnt orange". So, you could call it "Longhorn". The girls would be impressed.

[img=left]http://rocketdillo.com/studebaker/misc/images/Current_Avacar.gif[/img=left] - DilloCrafter

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup
      The Red-Headed Amazon

Paul Simpson
      "DilloCrafter"

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup
      The Red-Headed Amazon

Comment

If I lived in Texas...
        But, then again, I don't live in Florida either.

Comment

If I lived in Texas...
          But, then again, I don't live in Florida either.

Comment

Matthew,
            California grows as many oranges (if not MORE) than Florida. But Florida's the state that made a name for itself as far as orange juice goes. For awhile out here, I worked at a commercial juicing plant and there was a constant stream of stainless steel tanker trucks that would pull up and fill with Cailfornia OJ and then take it to florida to blend with what they market. The variety of oranges they grow here are sweeter, by and large, than those grown in Fla., so they use our juice to adjust the sweetness of what they market as "Florida" orange juice.[}]
            We see those Florida Orange Juice commercials out here too and it's always bugged me that since they featured an old truck in alot of their ads, why couldn't it have been a Studebaker? Nothing says "nostalgia" like a Studebaker!
            Same way for that Hidden Valley salad dressing. Surely they could have found a nice, green 2R16 (or M16) to star in those spots!

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
            1960 Larkvertible V8
            1958 Provincial wagon
            1953 Commander coupe
            1957 President 2-dr
            1955 President State
            1951 Champion Biz cpe
            1963 Daytona project FS
            No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Matthew,
              California grows as many oranges (if not MORE) than Florida. But Florida's the state that made a name for itself as far as orange juice goes. For awhile out here, I worked at a commercial juicing plant and there was a constant stream of stainless steel tanker trucks that would pull up and fill with Cailfornia OJ and then take it to florida to blend with what they market. The variety of oranges they grow here are sweeter, by and large, than those grown in Fla., so they use our juice to adjust the sweetness of what they market as "Florida" orange juice.[}]
              We see those Florida Orange Juice commercials out here too and it's always bugged me that since they featured an old truck in alot of their ads, why couldn't it have been a Studebaker? Nothing says "nostalgia" like a Studebaker!
              Same way for that Hidden Valley salad dressing. Surely they could have found a nice, green 2R16 (or M16) to star in those spots!

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
              1960 Larkvertible V8
              1958 Provincial wagon
              1953 Commander coupe
              1957 President 2-dr
              1955 President State
              1951 Champion Biz cpe
              1963 Daytona project FS
              No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Seems like I've heard before that California produces more OJ than Florida. Florida's Natural just popped into my head first.
                Kinda like GA peaches. There really aren't that many peach farms around here. [:0] It's more peanuts, cotton, and tobacco. [8]

I added this just now:

They'll either sue me or hire me. [8D]

Comment

Seems like I've heard before that California produces more OJ than Florida. Florida's Natural just popped into my head first.
                  Kinda like GA peaches. There really aren't that many peach farms around here. [:0] It's more peanuts, cotton, and tobacco. [8]

I added this just now:

They'll either sue me or hire me. [8D]

Comment

What you should do is get some washable green paint and paint a stem and two leaves towards the outer edge of those orange hub caps. [:0] Man, with them being slightly convex, the illusion would be cool![8D]

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                    1960 Larkvertible V8
                    1958 Provincial wagon
                    1953 Commander coupe
                    1957 President 2-dr
                    1955 President State
                    1951 Champion Biz cpe
                    1963 Daytona project FS

Comment

What you should do is get some washable green paint and paint a stem and two leaves towards the outer edge of those orange hub caps. [:0] Man, with them being slightly convex, the illusion would be cool![8D]

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                      1960 Larkvertible V8
                      1958 Provincial wagon
                      1953 Commander coupe
                      1957 President 2-dr
                      1955 President State
                      1951 Champion Biz cpe
                      1963 Daytona project FS

Comment

Great minds think alike; I was thinking the same thing! [)]
                        How's this?

Comment

Great minds think alike; I was thinking the same thing! [)]
                          How's this?

Comment

Working...
                          X