. Spot The Studebaker . . . . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• . Spot The Studebaker . . . . .

HA : They can`t all be easy . . I see it !

I think I see (2) a 55 sedan in 2nd row light bottom and dark top. and a 53-55 sedan to the right of the white building,light colored.and maybe even a 47-52 farther over on the right.
    Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

There is one in the garage of the house in the middle of the picture.. ......what ???? Don't you see it????
      Bez Auto Alchemy
      573-318-8948
      http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

They're every where they're every where!!!!
        Tom
        sigpic

Comment

At that distance they all look like Studes of some kind! I do see a '51 Starlight Coupe, light colored, backed into the fence on the far side of the big lot next to the road though.

With Freeways that advanced way back in the early 1950's it has to be L.A. or somewhere in Calif.

THREE lanes Wow! We hardly have ANY yet, up here in the Northwest!

But you can tell that Studes. were not the only cars that LEAKED back in the day, look at that Concrete with three black strips of OIL all along it!
          Last edited by StudeRich; 01-23-2011, 11:06 AM.
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

YEAH ............

Comment

Well, sure....if you're going for the obvious! Looks like a light colored Stude is on the far right lane (first up from the bottom) driving away?
              Bez Auto Alchemy
              573-318-8948
              http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

That's probably "rush hour" on the 405. Oh .. and thats a Tucker!

Tom
                '63 Avanti R1, '03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, TKO 5-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves.
                Check out my disc brake adapters to install 1994-2004 Mustang disc brakes on your Studebaker!!
                http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...bracket-update
                I have also written many TECH how to articles, do a search for my Forum name to find them

Comment

One interesting thing about these photos are the dark strips down the centers of each driving lane, caused by ordinary oil drips back then when vehicles leaked so much more motor oil, gear oil, and even grease due to chassis lubrications, than they do today. Only concrete ribbons that have been in use for decades have those now, whereas they used to look that bad in five years. BP
                  We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Working...
                  X