Studebaker wallpaper?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker wallpaper?

Here's a question for whoever - whoever might have seen this stuff.
    In talking with a long-time local Stude nut, he told of a fella in a nearby town who drives a 2R truck of some sort. I've met this person a time or two and I know that at one time his wife drove a Stude Daytona as a daily driver - he had an R2 Avanti in his garage (that rarely came out to play[V]) and his daughter drove a 60 Lark sedan. This fella had accumulated Stude parts thru the years from some of the local dealerships after they'd gone belly up.
    Purportedly - amongst the many Stude items this fella still has, there's a huge roll of wallpaper sporting 1962 Larks and Hawks! Does anyone know if this was something the factory had available to dealers to decorate their whowrooms with?
    I'm gonna go pay this fella a visit one of these days and see if he does really have such.

"Honey! Mine if I redo the office a bit???"[}]

Miscreant adrift in
    the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

You know, Bob, if you send a full section of the paper in question to some of the historic wall paper companies, they'll reproduce it. That way the rest of us can enjoy it too!

If this actually pans out, let me know. I'll send you a list of companies to contact. Who knows? It might sell pretty well.

Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
    Lotsa Larks!
    K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
    Ron Smith
    Where the heck is Lewiston, CA?
    Ron Smith
    Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

You know, Bob, if you send a full section of the paper in question to some of the historic wall paper companies, they'll reproduce it. That way the rest of us can enjoy it too!

If this actually pans out, let me know. I'll send you a list of companies to contact. Who knows? It might sell pretty well.

Lotsa Larks!
      Ron Smith
      Where the heck is Lewiston, CA?
      Ron Smith
      Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

I have heard of Avanti wallpaper. In the early 1970s it was sold by Sears for one. Brand name Sunworthy, of Toronto. Could have made Hawk and Lark wallpaper too I guess.

Dwain G.
        Restorations by Skip Towne

Comment

I have heard of Avanti wallpaper. In the early 1970s it was sold by Sears for one. Brand name Sunworthy, of Toronto. Could have made Hawk and Lark wallpaper too I guess.

Dwain G.
          Restorations by Skip Towne

Comment

Why not make wallpaper with your own cars? Just Google "custom printed wallpaper" or similar words. There are many companies that will print a wall mural or billboard from a 6+ megapixel photo. Or, you can use images to make repeating patterns like standard wallpaper. Be prepared to spend a few bucks (~$6.50/sq ft + $25-150 set-up), but it might be cheaper and better than tracking down a few tattered rolls of old stuff.

Here's one place:
            Take your home decor to another level with our award-winning and artist-created wallpaper. Elegant, fun, and stylish wallcoverings for any home.

OK, let's see what someone does in their home or garage. Oh, entries by Rick Courtier don't count - he owns a printing company and has already built a wall that replicates an old Stude parts counter.

[img=left]http://www.studegarage.com/images/gary_ash_m5_sm.jpg[/img=left] Gary Ash
            Dartmouth, Mass.
            '48 M5
            '65 Wagonaire Commander
            '63 Wagonaire Standard
            web site at http://www.studegarage.com
            Gary Ash
            Dartmouth, Mass.

'32 Indy car replica (in progress)
            ’41 Commander Land Cruiser
            '48 M5
            '65 Wagonaire Commander
            '63 Wagonaire Standard

Comment

Why not make wallpaper with your own cars? Just Google "custom printed wallpaper" or similar words. There are many companies that will print a wall mural or billboard from a 6+ megapixel photo. Or, you can use images to make repeating patterns like standard wallpaper. Be prepared to spend a few bucks (~$6.50/sq ft + $25-150 set-up), but it might be cheaper and better than tracking down a few tattered rolls of old stuff.

Here's one place:
              Take your home decor to another level with our award-winning and artist-created wallpaper. Elegant, fun, and stylish wallcoverings for any home.

OK, let's see what someone does in their home or garage. Oh, entries by Rick Courtier don't count - he owns a printing company and has already built a wall that replicates an old Stude parts counter.

[img=left]http://www.studegarage.com/images/gary_ash_m5_sm.jpg[/img=left] Gary Ash
              Dartmouth, Mass.
              '48 M5
              '65 Wagonaire Commander
              '63 Wagonaire Standard
              Gary Ash
              Dartmouth, Mass.

'32 Indy car replica (in progress)
              ’41 Commander Land Cruiser
              '48 M5
              '65 Wagonaire Commander
              '63 Wagonaire Standard

Comment

[quote]Originally posted by Mr.Biggs

Does anyone know if this was something the factory had available to dealers to decorate their whowrooms with?

Bob,I'm to young to have visited a Stude whowroom, but didn't Don Imus get in trouble for using language like this[:0][:0][:0]

KURTRUK
                (read it backwards)
                KURTRUK
                (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

[quote]Originally posted by Mr.Biggs

Does anyone know if this was something the factory had available to dealers to decorate their whowrooms with?

Bob,I'm to young to have visited a Stude whowroom, but didn't Don Imus get in trouble for using language like this[:0][:0][:0]

KURTRUK
                  (read it backwards)
                  KURTRUK
                  (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

Leonard (lstude) has a Lark billboard pasted to the wall of his house. I think he posted a picture of it somewhere in the past.

Comment

Leonard (lstude) has a Lark billboard pasted to the wall of his house. I think he posted a picture of it somewhere in the past.

Comment

Yes he did:

Took a minute, but here it is in all of it "Larkness"

glen Brose
                        Tumbleweed Flats, AZ

Comment

Yes he did:

Took a minute, but here it is in all of it "Larkness"

glen Brose
                          Tumbleweed Flats, AZ

Comment

Bigsy,
                            the cat probably had an old billboard poster.

I have part one of a 64 Lark on the roof of my mothers garage back in Australia. I will bet if you ask her nicely, she will let you come over and soak it off the roof, now that her wayward son is in the UK and all the Studebakers that habitated in that garage have gone.

I still have a spare bill board paost somewhere. They look grouse, and I am sure would look a real treat on the roof of your massive bedroom, so you can go to sleep dreaming of Larking around..... I am sure if I mentioned this to Mrs Diff or you to your 'trouble and strife'they would give the nod of approval. But then again, if you believe that, I've got a bridge I could sell you too....

Maybe that would blead to the ultimate Bermuda Strangle.

Greg

Greg Diffen
                            Australian Stude nut living in Warwick, United Kingdom

1933 St Regis Brougham Model 56 Dutch delivered
                            1937 Dicator sedan. Australian Body by TJ Richards
                            1939 Packard Seven Passenger monster UK delivered
                            1939 Commander Swiss Cabriolet by Lagenthal
                            1988 Avanti Convertible
                            Greg Diffen

Editor Studebaker Owners Club UK magazine

Australian Stude guy living in Warwick, United Kingdom

1933 St Regis Brougham Model 56 delivered new in the Netherlands
                            1937 Dictator sedan Australian Body by TJ Richards RHC
                            1937 Packard Super 8 Limousine UK delivered RHC
                            1939 Packard Super 8 Seven Passenger sedan monster UK delivered RHC
                            1939 Commander Cabriolet by Lagenthal of Switzerland
                            1963 Lark Daytona Hardtop
                            1988 Avanti Convertible

Comment

Bigsy,
                              the cat probably had an old billboard poster.

I have part one of a 64 Lark on the roof of my mothers garage back in Australia. I will bet if you ask her nicely, she will let you come over and soak it off the roof, now that her wayward son is in the UK and all the Studebakers that habitated in that garage have gone.

I still have a spare bill board paost somewhere. They look grouse, and I am sure would look a real treat on the roof of your massive bedroom, so you can go to sleep dreaming of Larking around..... I am sure if I mentioned this to Mrs Diff or you to your 'trouble and strife'they would give the nod of approval. But then again, if you believe that, I've got a bridge I could sell you too....

Maybe that would blead to the ultimate Bermuda Strangle.

Greg

Greg Diffen
                              Australian Stude nut living in Warwick, United Kingdom

1933 St Regis Brougham Model 56 Dutch delivered
                              1937 Dicator sedan. Australian Body by TJ Richards
                              1939 Packard Seven Passenger monster UK delivered
                              1939 Commander Swiss Cabriolet by Lagenthal
                              1988 Avanti Convertible
                              Greg Diffen

Editor Studebaker Owners Club UK magazine

Australian Stude guy living in Warwick, United Kingdom

1933 St Regis Brougham Model 56 delivered new in the Netherlands
                              1937 Dictator sedan Australian Body by TJ Richards RHC
                              1937 Packard Super 8 Limousine UK delivered RHC
                              1939 Packard Super 8 Seven Passenger sedan monster UK delivered RHC
                              1939 Commander Cabriolet by Lagenthal of Switzerland
                              1963 Lark Daytona Hardtop
                              1988 Avanti Convertible

Comment

Working...
                              X