X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super nice Lark, slightly silly ad:)

Gorgeous car, and a very nice ad; just the text is over-the-top silly:

Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
    Romans 15:13
    Deuteronomy 31:6
    Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Instead of locked and loaded, its "Lark'ed and loaded" with that >bullet 259< V! 8! brought to you by the --who else?-- the Bullet Nose People. And nobody knows bullets like bullet nose people know bullets.

Yup, nice car. And I agree fully with your description of their description

Comment

Originally posted by Jim B PEI View Post
      Instead of locked and loaded, its "Lark'ed and loaded" with that >bullet 259< V! 8! brought to you by the --who else?-- the Bullet Nose People. And nobody knows bullets like bullet nose people know bullets.

Yup, nice car. And I agree fully with your description of their description
      Over the top for us perhaps, but I think it's very nicely done.
      JDP Maryland

Comment

I agree it's well done, it's just that the selller's trying TOO hard, and that always makes me suspicious. Experience has shown that sometimes that many superlatives and all the overly flowery prose is the trademark of a shyster. Not always, but sometimes.
        Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
        Romans 15:13
        Deuteronomy 31:6
        Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

With that kind of sales pitch, I wonder if it's owned by Ron Popiel? The Studebaker "Lark-o-Matic". You can't buy it in stores. And if you act now we'll throw in a NOS Studebaker grille!

Comment

Maybe the poster is a Professor of Modern English and Prose!
            1957 Studebaker Champion 2 door. Staten Island, New York.

"Education is not the learning of facts, but the training of the mind to think." -Albert Einstein

Comment

He offered a test drive, so if someone was serious enough about buying, he would have a very nice car to own. Nice cars bring nice prices.
              101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

Enthusiastic brilliance…wish more ebay ads were like this, it actually made me pay attention to a car that I normally would have no intention to do so in the first place. BTW, sure wish my car had such a rust-free chassis, what a joy to work on! Thanks for sharing. Junior
                sigpic
                1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

Extremely well done, and the offer of fish tacos and cerveza to the buyer if they pick it up is the finishing touch. It really does look like a nice drivable car. Hope it goes to a good home.

Pat
                  Pat Dilling
                  Olivehurst, CA
                  Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

Cool ad!!!
                    it sure beats the one sentence with misspelled words, 4 - 10 year old pics that some folks put up...
                    Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

Guess I better limit my prose in my ads to no more than 2 syllable words and Joe Friday(just the facts ma'am) the text to avoid being confused with a shyster.No misspelled words or grammatical errors.It may be be slightly over the top but in a lightly whimsical way.I think the frame pics are a great addition.
                      Mono mind in a stereo world

Comment

I think this is an outstanding job of promoting. So many ads just make no attempt. This is well thought out, well written, well designed and illustrated. Helps you overlook the cars flaws. Very professional.
                        Don Wilson, Centralia, WA

40 Champion 4 door*
                        50 Champion 2 door*
                        53 Commander K Auto*
                        53 Commander K overdrive*
                        55 President Speedster
                        62 GT 4Speed*
                        63 Avanti R1*
                        64 Champ 1/2 ton

* Formerly owned

Comment

Very Nice '62 2 Door

Yes, I agree it is a very well done promotion of a very nice car! I can tell from the documentation in this ad, that the former owner was a long time very dedicated Studebaker Enthusiast, and probably a SDC Club Member.

Maybe Tom in Santa Barbara knows of this Car. There used to be a Ventura County area Chapter of the SDC.
                          StudeRich
                          Second Generation Stude Driver,
                          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

The ad sort of reminded me of Sal's comment about the Avanti we just sold when talking about the mint interior. He said something like he would check the date on his IPhone to make sure he was not back in the 60's. I thought about not using that quote since it was a little over the top. On second thought, I recalled the moments I got behind the wheel of a old car and was taken back to my youth for a moment, so I kept it. The ebay listing under discussion, just made me feel all warm and fuzzy about the car. Sure, I grinned now and than while reading "muscle car" and the like, but it was a fun read.
                            JDP Maryland

Comment

Ahhhh...that's more or less how my '62 would once have looked. Riviera Blue from the look of it, though, or maybe Alaskan, rather than the Metallic Blue mine was when new. That's one thorough ad! (He does quote the six as 90hp; every other ref I've seen says 112hp, but who cares, since the car on offer is an eight.)

S.

Comment

Working...
                              X