looking for an 87 or 88 Avanti

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking for an 87 or 88 Avanti

if you know of an 87 or 88 Avanti for sale within a reasonable distance from Richmond Va, please let me know. 804 776 6215

Forgot to add car has to be automatic.
    Last edited by ken-renda; 01-20-2011, 04:25 PM. Reason: add additional informaiton

Don't know if this is what your looking for --88 Red Avanti II--in Hampton

Comment

Originally posted by StudeMichael View Post
      Thanks, i'm watching it but it has very high miles.

Comment

Here's one from Craigslist that was mentioned here on the forum a couple of weeks ago by the owner. It's in North Carolina if that's close enough to Richmond.

edit: I found the SDC Forum post on it.
        Last edited by snowy_buffalo; 01-20-2011, 01:51 PM. Reason: Added link
        \'57 3E6-12 Transtar Deluxe
        \'64 Daytona HT

Comment

Originally posted by snowy_buffalo View Post
          Here's one from Craigslist that was mentioned here on the forum a couple of weeks ago by the owner. It's in North Carolina if that's close enough to Richmond.

edit: I found the SDC Forum post on it.
          http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...-for-88-Avanti
          There you go. Ernie's well-known and trustworthy, and a real car guy. If he says something, you can believe it. I'd contact him before you do anything else!
          Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
          Romans 15:13
          Deuteronomy 31:6
          Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Jeff Rice here in Georgia has a nice 89 Supercharged Avanti with a Gear Vendors overdrive behind a 700r4 auto. VERY reasonable.
            Bez Auto Alchemy
            573-318-8948
            http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by bezhawk View Post
              Jeff Rice here in Georgia has a nice 89 Supercharged Avanti with a Gear Vendors overdrive behind a 700r4 auto. VERY reasonable.
              Hey I was going to say that. . . . it very nice and it's a convertible too!
              Rick Courtier

1956 Sky Hawk
              1905 Farm Wagon

Comment

Originally posted by karterfred88 View Post

http://norfolk.craigslist.org/cto/2156394071.html
                thanks, i'm going to look at it Friday.

Comment

Originally posted by karterfred88 View Post

http://norfolk.craigslist.org/cto/2156394071.html
                  thanks, will look at friday, saw the car today, i'm still looking
                  Last edited by ken-renda; 01-21-2011, 12:30 PM.

Comment

Why not also consider 1989 models? They are almost the same as 1987-1988. The 1989 mentioned here is owned by someone on this Forum. The early 1987 models had teething problems. I purchased 1987 S/N ---006 brand new.
                    Gary L.
                    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
                      Why not also consider 1989 models? They are almost the same as 1987-1988. The 1989 mentioned here is owned by someone on this Forum. The early 1987 models had teething problems. I purchased 1987 S/N ---006 brand new.
                      my original thinking was 1. 87 was first year of Monte Carlo frame and 2. In one more year year it meets Va antique car criteria. But will consider 88 and 89, thanks or reply, Ken

Comment

Why are you specifically looking for a Monte Carlo frame?
                        63 Avanti R1 2788
                        1914 Stutz Bearcat
                        (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

Originally posted by JBOYLE View Post
                          Why are you specifically looking for a Monte Carlo frame?

handling and parts availability lead to the decision. Have restored 7 hawk type studebakers (from '54 to '63) since retirement and they all ride and handle like the old cars that they are. Hopefully, the Monte Carlo frame will handle better. ken

Comment

Originally posted by ken-renda View Post
                            handling and parts availability lead to the decision. Have restored 7 hawk type studebakers (from '54 to '63) since retirement and they all ride and handle like the old cars that they are. Hopefully, the Monte Carlo frame will handle better. ken
                            Ken

Just curious, You looked at the 88 Avanti today by your post. I suspect you must have driven it. If so, Did you form an opinion on the handling of it versus the older Studebakers. Have you also driven a similar
                            Stude based Avanti?

I'm curious about your observations if you chose to share them. Nothing ulterior here, just have not driven the GM framed ones.

Thanks, Bob

Comment

Working...
                            X