PDA

View Full Version : . Spot The Studebaker . . . .

aarrggh
01-19-2011, 05:19 PM
http://i51.tinypic.com/2vvrlll.jpg

mbstude
01-19-2011, 05:31 PM
I see a '60 Lark, early Hawk and '57 two door sedan. Cool pic. :cool:

jclary
01-19-2011, 05:46 PM
I see a '60 Lark, early Hawk and '57 two door sedan. Cool pic. :cool:

Me too! Should be titled, "Spot the Studebakers."

klifton1
01-19-2011, 05:48 PM
What is the motorcycle ??????
Klif

PlainBrownR2
01-19-2011, 06:15 PM
With that windscreen and shield on the front and the profile of the motorcycle out back, it almost looks to be a Vespa

JRoberts
01-19-2011, 08:57 PM
Could that be a Hawk just beyond the Buick in the back row?

wolfie
01-19-2011, 09:02 PM
With that windscreen and shield on the front and the profile of the motorcycle out back, it almost looks to be a Vespa

I think its too big and shaped wrong for a Vespa. I am thinking a DKW or maybe a Triumph Thunderbird. Hard to tell from the angle. Steve

klifton1
01-20-2011, 08:00 PM
Triumph Thunderbird would have had twin pipes.
Klif

starliner62
01-20-2011, 08:49 PM
I have been looking through hundreds old pictures on the HAMB. It is amazing to me to see the number of Studebakers in some of the casual pictures. They seem to be everywhere. You would think that more Studebakers could be found today. I guess a whole bunch of them are now old Toyotas and Nissans.

Tahiti Coral
01-21-2011, 11:31 AM
I have been looking through hundreds old pictures on the HAMB. It is amazing to me to see the number of Studebakers in some of the casual pictures. They seem to be everywhere. You would think that more Studebakers could be found today. I guess a whole bunch of them are now old Toyotas and Nissans.

What is HAMB?

BobPalma
01-21-2011, 12:19 PM
What is HAMB?

Honky A*s Message Board. It's an eclectic internet forum for literally anything with wheels and people interested in anything with wheels, Paul. BP

DEEPNHOCK
01-21-2011, 12:45 PM
Gawd Bob...Get it right;):p:D:rolleyes::o
It's HOKEY, not honky!!!
Quit listening to all that extremist right wing talk radio!:rolleyes:
Jeff:cool:

Honky A*s Message Board. It's an eclectic internet forum for literally anything with wheels and people interested in anything with wheels, Paul. BP

DEEPNHOCK
01-21-2011, 12:48 PM
Wonder what was being built?
Those are some pretty big I-beams...

beatnik64
01-21-2011, 09:08 PM
Aarrgh or someone should post more of these, I like this game. It reminds me of watching old films with my buddies and spotting cars thru out the film. (and getting in fights over years and models HAHAHAHA GOOD TIMES) :)

BobPalma
01-21-2011, 09:10 PM
Gawd Bob...Get it right;):p:D:rolleyes::o
It's HOKEY, not honky!!!
Quit listening to all that extremist right wing talk radio!:rolleyes:

Good one, Jeff! I should spend more time on the HOKEY A*S MESSAGE BOARD! <GGG> BP

BobPalma
01-21-2011, 09:17 PM
Wonder what was being built?
Those are some pretty big I-beams...

'Wondered about that myself, Jeff.

I see at least three 1960 cars in this photo, the newest model year in the photo, and possibly 4: Probably the Lark and certainly the 1960 Oldsmobile in the immediate foreground, and a 1960 Ford and 1960 Chevrolet on that long row of parked cars to the right.

That sets the photo, probably, in 1960 or 1961. That was the beginning of the big push in Interstate highway construction, so perhaps the interstate was getting ready to go over or through this area of that city and, hence, the large beams. (Just an idea.)

Has the city in this picture been identified? BP

JRoberts
01-22-2011, 07:50 AM
There is so much on the H.A.M.B. that at times it is difficult to keep up with. Most of the "Spot the Studebaker" pictures are coming from the " Vintage shots from days gone by! " thread. There are arond 40 new posts each day on this threat alone. The other thread that has some cool older stuff is "History Photos taken before WW2 - history in black and white." In general the H.A.M.B. is about traditional hot rods and customs. [Don't use the term "rat rod" here however.] These two threads stray somewhat away from this, but you still see very little later than the mid 1960's. I really enjoy perusing the H.A.M.B. Forum but cannot keep up with all the new posts that must literally be in the thousands each day. I like going to this Forum through the "Jalopy Journal" This blog is worthy of being read everyday especially by anybody interested in old cars. Go here http://www.jalopyjournal.com/ then click on the HAMB Forum on the top of the page. (After reading the Journal of course.)

aarrggh
01-22-2011, 08:24 PM
Just checked out the H.A.M.B today . . Looks like all vintage pics end up or come from that site at one point or another .
Lots of good stuff to check out on that site .