1948 Champion - Documentation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1948 Champion - Documentation

There does not seem to be a lot of documentation or pictures of Studebakers in gerneral on the web. If I wanted to research how a specific model was supposed to look, for example the '48 Champion I am looking at, is there some source I amoverlooking for detail pictures of original or correctly restored Studebakers?
    I am seaking about pictures and descriptions of the dash, instruments, seats, uphoslery, carpet, trim, engine dressing, etc.

Thanks in advance

Thanks.

Ivan

Ivan,
    I suggest you join the Studebaker Driver's Club.

You'll find all kinds of help from similar minded people at both the national and at your local chapter. You'll also get the great monthly publication "Turning Wheels" with all kinds of pictures, stories, contact info, vendors, etc.

The August '92 issue of TW was all about the '48 cars. You can order a copy from the SDC or network with fellow members to pick up an excess copy.

There are plenty of books from the various Studebaker vendors such as "Studebaker Gold 47-66" by Clark and "Studebaker Photo Archive 46-58" by Applegate that would help you out.

Dick Steinkamp
    Bellingham, WA

Comment

Ivan,
      I suggest you join the Studebaker Driver's Club.

You'll find all kinds of help from similar minded people at both the national and at your local chapter. You'll also get the great monthly publication "Turning Wheels" with all kinds of pictures, stories, contact info, vendors, etc.

The August '92 issue of TW was all about the '48 cars. You can order a copy from the SDC or network with fellow members to pick up an excess copy.

There are plenty of books from the various Studebaker vendors such as "Studebaker Gold 47-66" by Clark and "Studebaker Photo Archive 46-58" by Applegate that would help you out.

Dick Steinkamp
      Bellingham, WA

Comment

In addition to the excellent references that Dick gave you, there are a couple of other books to consider:
        The Studebaker Century, by Asa Hall and Richard Langworth and

Studebaker Cars, by James H. Moloney.

Both are fine references to all years of Studebaker.

Good luck.
        Rog

'59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
        Smithtown,NY
        Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

In addition to the excellent references that Dick gave you, there are a couple of other books to consider:
          The Studebaker Century, by Asa Hall and Richard Langworth and

Studebaker Cars, by James H. Moloney.

Both are fine references to all years of Studebaker.

Good luck.
          Rog

Smithtown,NY
          Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

Working...
          X