• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pickles

-------------------------------
    Attached Files

Funny stuff, Carl!
    The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

That AIN'T funny!

Ok, maybe just a little.......................

Comment

That cartoon reminds me of a family story. My dad had 1950 2R 5 or 6 (I don't know which) of which he was very proud. We were living at my dad's parents in Omaha at the time. For some reason he was keeping the truck in my grandfather's small, rather narrow, garage. My mom was pulling into the garage and put a dimple in the Studebaker's right front fender. My dad was irate. Although I was quite young I remember how mad he was. The conversation with mom ended with saying, "if you can't drive it, you shouldn't get behind the wheel!" He then stormed out to pull the truck into the garage. In the process he put a matching dimple in the Studebaker's left front fender. As I recall the event ended with his embarrassed laughter and a simple smile on my mom's face.
        Joe Roberts
        '61 R1 Champ
        '65 Cruiser
        Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

^ now that's funny right there. etc..............
          Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

Originally posted by JRoberts View Post
            That cartoon reminds me of a family story. My dad had 1950 2R 5 or 6 (I don't know which) of which he was very proud. We were living at my dad's parents in Omaha at the time. For some reason he was keeping the truck in my grandfather's small, rather narrow, garage. My mom was pulling into the garage and put a dimple in the Studebaker's right front fender. My dad was irate. Although I was quite young I remember how mad he was. The conversation with mom ended with saying, "if you can't drive it, you shouldn't get behind the wheel!" He then stormed out to pull the truck into the garage. In the process he put a matching dimple in the Studebaker's left front fender. As I recall the event ended with his embarrassed laughter and a simple smile on my mom's face.
            LMAO!!

Thank you, I needed that this morning!
            Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
            K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
            Ron Smith
            Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

I remember being told that my brother came home, shamefacedly, and admitted that he'd put "pleats" in the fender of the family car. Make, model not known, 'twas in the '30s before I entered the family. Not quite the same as dimples, but......

Comment

Working...
              X