PDA

View Full Version : Vendor for weatherstrips/rubbers please help!

Yanqui84@gmail.com
01-17-2011, 10:40 AM
Hello All,

I need to buy all possible weatherstrips/rubbers available for my 57 Studebaker President Sedan. I dont care if is NOS or aftermarket.

I mostly need.

Windshield rubber
Rear window rubber
All doors
Hood to fender

and any other rubber you guys think I might need for after the paint. Thanks

barnlark
01-17-2011, 10:45 AM
http://www.studebaker-intl.com/gifts.html

Rubber page didn't work, sorry.

feralcat0_0
01-17-2011, 11:17 AM
Barnlark; Your thread(?) came up as "Invalid"

2moredoors
01-17-2011, 11:44 AM
http://www.studebakervendors.com/index.htm#ANCHORTOP

Here is a site for various Studebaker vendors.
I personally purchased my rubber parts from Studebaker International but there are others.

41 Frank
01-17-2011, 12:00 PM
I don't endorse any particular vendor but see that Studebaker International has a rubber kit for your car including pretty much everything you need that can save you about 70-80 dollars over individual pricing.

barnlark
01-17-2011, 02:26 PM
Barnlark; Your thread(?) came up as "Invalid"
Sorry, not sure what happened. It was supposed to be the direct page to the rubber products at SI.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I don't endorse any particular vendor but see that Studebaker International has a rubber kit for your car including pretty much everything you need that can save you about 70-80 dollars over individual pricing." 41 Frank
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I didn't mean to, either, because many vendors carry those new rubber items. But, I would endorse 41 Frank if he had them... someone has to deplete that stash of parts so that the truck and trailer are less heavy next time. :D

41 Frank
01-17-2011, 02:39 PM
Thanks for the promo Dave, however rubber seals are the one rubber item we don't handle.

Sorry, not sure what happened. It was supposed to be the direct page to the rubber products at SI.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I don't endorse any particular vendor but see that Studebaker International has a rubber kit for your car including pretty much everything you need that can save you about 70-80 dollars over individual pricing." 41 Frank
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I didn't mean to, either, because many vendors carry those new rubber items. But, I would endorse 41 Frank if he had them... someone has to deplete that stash of parts so that the truck and trailer are less heavy next time. :D

TX Rebel
01-17-2011, 02:44 PM
Bill Fennessey, Champ Specialty Parts, & studebakerparts.com(Chuck Collins) are the 3 biggest rubber parts vendors other than SI. Studebakers West & a few others also carry rubber seals.

Yanqui84@gmail.com
01-17-2011, 03:25 PM
Thank you guys for your feedback is greatly appeciate.

Please feel free to correct my part# as im placing this order but I want to make sure I dont order something wrong. I will also confirm with SI.

The rubber kit for my car is:
Part# 800542R
Door Seals Kit

Includes:
Above Door Seal - Part #1351334-5
Rear Upper Door Seal - Part #1350856-7
Around Door Seal - Part #1350764-5
Door Corner Seal -Part #1350164-5
Front Upper Door Seal on Windshield Post - Part #1360896-7
Outer Window Seal - Part #1350963

It doesnt include the windshield or the rear window rubbers
would this one work? Is this front front windshield or rear?
GLASS SEAL STATIONWAGON - 2009X1

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d53/yanquiel/1957%20Studebaker%20President/Untitled.png

StudeRich
01-17-2011, 03:41 PM
You want a 800993R $639.00 it comes with the 1942X2 Windshield Seal & Rear Glass Seal. Rear Glass is not a W/S.
You have the AVANTI kit!

You do not need all those individual Rubber seals unless they are not in the Kit, and certainly NOT the Station Wagon Rear Glass Seal!

Be sure you give them the 57H-W6 Model Code!

I guess this is a good example of how bad the on-line "shopping carts" are!
Most Co's have a "Programmer" who has 0 experience with the Product, write the code to produce these things, and you get all the errors, cost and misunderstandings, and they get the Labor savings.

If you just send them the $3.50, get the paper catalog, call them up, read the items numbers of the items you want off to the friendly, somewhat knowledgeable order taker, you will get confirmation spoken back to you as to the item description & price so there will be MINIMUM errors. Then you will not be having all the frustration, arguements and THREE times the UPS Shipping cost to pay!

tyaughton
01-21-2011, 10:51 PM
or, download the pdf version of the catalogue, and then call.