X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vented tail lights?

This 66 claims to have 'em:

Is there really such a thing?

Robert K. Andrews Owner- IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
    Parish, central NY 13131

According the 66 sale brochure they did, I've only seen one 66 in my travels and it didn't have them.

Randy_G
    1959 Lark Sedan
    This website is for sale! automotivehistoryonline.com is your first and best source for information about automotivehistoryonline. Here you will also find topics relating to issues of general interest. We hope you find what you are looking for!

Comment

According the 66 sale brochure they did, I've only seen one 66 in my travels and it didn't have them.

Randy_G
      1959 Lark Sedan
      This website is for sale! automotivehistoryonline.com is your first and best source for information about automotivehistoryonline. Here you will also find topics relating to issues of general interest. We hope you find what you are looking for!

Comment

It was called "Refreshaire". This is from the 66 Studebaker press release.

Leonard Shepherd, editor, The Commanding Leader, Central Virginia Chapter, http://centralvirginiachapter.org/

Comment

It was called "Refreshaire". This is from the 66 Studebaker press release.

Leonard Shepherd, editor, The Commanding Leader, Central Virginia Chapter, http://centralvirginiachapter.org/

Comment

Gary, if the car didn't have the louvers at the top of the tail lights then it wasn't a 66. I have owned 5 66's. Some vendors have the brochures with the pictures showing the system. Very simple and yet works very well. That was also the reason the 66 cruiser didn't need the opening vent windows in the rear door.

Comment

Gary, if the car didn't have the louvers at the top of the tail lights then it wasn't a 66. I have owned 5 66's. Some vendors have the brochures with the pictures showing the system. Very simple and yet works very well. That was also the reason the 66 cruiser didn't need the opening vent windows in the rear door.

Comment

Well I'll be durned... learn somethin' new ever' day

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Well I'll be durned... learn somethin' new ever' day

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

I think I have a set of those. It was in a box that I got at the auction in York.
                    Joe Roberts
                    Joe Roberts
                    '61 R1 Champ
                    '65 Cruiser
                    Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

I think I have a set of those. It was in a box that I got at the auction in York.
                      Joe Roberts
                      Joe Roberts
                      '61 R1 Champ
                      '65 Cruiser
                      Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

The 60's were so cool. "stale, smoky air." Try finding even an ash tray in a new vehicle. Back then a Cadillac would have 17 of them, and 5 or 6 lighters to boot.

Dan
                        52 hardtop

Comment

The 60's were so cool. "stale, smoky air." Try finding even an ash tray in a new vehicle. Back then a Cadillac would have 17 of them, and 5 or 6 lighters to boot.

Dan
                          52 hardtop

Comment

I liked the way the dealers and the Auto Show displayed these 1966 models in the showroom. They had crate-paper streamers tied to the louvers on the tail lights, with all the windows closed you could close the doors and watch them stream! Very Cool! [^]

StudeRich
                            Studebakers Northwest
                            Ferndale, WA
                            StudeRich
                            Second Generation Stude Driver,
                            Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                            SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I liked the way the dealers and the Auto Show displayed these 1966 models in the showroom. They had crate-paper streamers tied to the louvers on the tail lights, with all the windows closed you could close the doors and watch them stream! Very Cool! [^]

StudeRich
                              Studebakers Northwest
                              Ferndale, WA
                              StudeRich
                              Second Generation Stude Driver,
                              Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                              SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Working...
                              X