Studebakers on "Pickers"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebakers on "Pickers"

Wow! We always enjoy"Pickers," but tonight was great. They bought a 1950 2dr Champion in North Carolina that had been inside this building for fifty years. They paid $2,400 for it and put a For Sale sign on it for $3,500. At the same place was shown an old rusted out R pickup and the front-end of a Champ.
    The top of some kind of car from the thirties could be seen at one place, and I would like to have seen more of the Playboy.
    There were all kinds of things, like the woody motor scooter and the old camper, but the Studebaker was the jewel. I hope they follow up on it.

They ended up tasking the tatoo girl in the office to sell it (because they couldn't sell it).
    She ended up twisting some guys arm off by telling him he would be on TV, and basically sold the car for even money.
    This show is awkward. I hope they 'learn' how to do a better show.
    The stuff is neat,as you pointed out. The people are interesting...The host's are cable TV lame-O.
    BTW... This was a re-re-rerun. I watched it....again.... Trying to find out why I leave the sound on.
    Do a search here for 'American Pickers' and you will see all the other threads about this episode.

Originally posted by Sam Ensley View Post
    Wow! We always enjoy"Pickers," but tonight was great. They bought a 1950 2dr Champion in North Carolina that had been inside this building for fifty years. They paid $2,400 for it and put a For Sale sign on it for $3,500. At the same place was shown an old rusted out R pickup and the front-end of a Champ.
    The top of some kind of car from the thirties could be seen at one place, and I would like to have seen more of the Playboy.
    There were all kinds of things, like the woody motor scooter and the old camper, but the Studebaker was the jewel. I hope they follow up on it.
    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Was watching an old movie last night...D.O.A. with Edmond O'Brien....mid fifties I guess....his car from the rental agency...was a 52 Commander droptop... when he placed his gun in the glovebox you could clearly read Commander on the dash

Ya...I like pickers most of the time...too.
      Bill Foy
      1000 Islands, Ontario
      1953 Starlight Coupe

Comment

D.O.A. was released in 1950. I believe Edmond O'Brien was driving a 1949 Commander convertible. It possibly could have been a 1948.

Mr. Bill
        Hamlet, NC

Comment

The first couple of times I watched the Pickers, I didn't like the two guys much - but, they've grown on me some. This IS television, after all. The show is a little awkward at times. They go on someone's property and the proprietor will tell them that no one has been in a building in over 30 years, or since their daddy passed away. So, the two guys start trying to get the door open - which, after all that time, you would expect to be jammed a little bit. The next shot, you're looking at the door from the INSIDE of the building, as they force the door open. I understand they want to convey excitement to the audience, but at times it gets to be a little much. Still, if the choice is between watching Dancing With the Stars, Two and a Half Men, Cougar Town, or American Pickers - give me the Pickers any time.

Comment

Coming in February on SDC TV!!!!
            American Star Dancing Half Men Cougar Pickers.

Originally posted by tennessee_anomaly View Post
            <snip>
            Still, if the choice is between watching Dancing With the Stars, Two and a Half Men, Cougar Town, or American Pickers - give me the Pickers any time.
            HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Working...
            X