Barn find from 1986

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barn find from 1986

I was looking through old pictures of Studebaker's found from years past, or the good old days, as I like to say. My wifes grandpa informed me of a farmer there in Washington,Il. Who had tendency that once a car was purchased and used, it never left the farm. He was sure he had a studebaker.
    He had since passed away and his son had control of the place. Once spring came I went to the farm to see what was there, and when I inquired, I was told no Studebaker, but we do have a Packard. Well lets have a look!
    Lo and behold ,He rolled open the old shed door nad there was a 1958 Packard Hawk! Sadly it had a serious rust problem, which included the frame. But lifting the hood showed a complete engine compartment complete and excellent dash. But lots of rust, body shell was to far gone .
    He had visions of alot more money than I did, so I filed the info in the back of my mind, and checked back with him periodically.

A couple years later after a national meet, I saw a beautiful restored Packard Hawk ,and came home and called him. His reply was how much money do you have. I told him and he said, when can you be hear? I said in 2 hours! He had a looming DUI charge coming and needed money now!
    I found a hardtop body shell and frame in jacksonville ,Il for $75. Later I changed car direction and sold the pair
    to fund other projects. I will try to post the picture later.
    I will try to find the picture of the 1963 R2 lark and R1 1963 hawk, I found in the late 90's, that is a good story too! I still have the Lark.

Quit teasing us with the story. We want to see the picture!
    Good Roads
    Brian
    Brian Woods
    woodysrods@shaw.ca
    1946 M Series (Shop Truck)

Comment

Working...
    X