. Spot The Studebaker . . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• . Spot The Studebaker . . .

The 1952 third in line coming to the camera.

\"QUIGLEY DOWN UNDER\"
    MELBOURNE.

Comment

...and isn't that a soft yellow 47-52 Starlight Coupe against the wall next to the green(?) 1950 Buick in the far right parking lot?
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Bob you may be correct. I know your eyes are better than mine. I found this picture quite a while back on the HAMB and studied it because of the aforementioned '52, but until your mention of the yellow Starlight Coupe I never noticed it.
        Joe Roberts
        '61 R1 Champ
        '65 Cruiser
        Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Parking 85 cents all day, wow! More than 20 times that now.
          Pat Dilling
          Olivehurst, CA
          Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

I noticed that Starlight, too.

Comment

The Creme Colored Starlight probably COULD be a '47-'52 but my guess is a '52. Saw it right away after the Red '52.
              StudeRich
              Second Generation Stude Driver,
              Proud '54 Starliner Owner
              SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Also pictured are are four nails in Studebakers coffin, Corvair, Falcon, Valiant, and the forever popular Volkswagon.

Comment

Originally posted by jasontaub9 View Post
                  Also pictured are are four nails in Studebakers coffin, Corvair, Falcon, Valiant, and the forever popular Volkswagon.
                  Nice point, Jason.

Too bad the Sign extolling California as "First in Business Opportunities" no longer rings true...
                  KURTRUK
                  (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
                    The Creme Colored Starlight probably COULD be a '47-'52 but my guess is a '52. Saw it right away after the Red '52.
                    Agreed, Rich. For some reason it also strikes me as a '52, although I'm not sure we can positively rule out an earlier year. But I agree; '52 is a distinct possibility. BP
                    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Not to mention the Datsun, which later became Nissan, (or maybe its a Toyota of some kind) that is first in line next to the bus.
                      Joe Roberts
                      '61 R1 Champ
                      '65 Cruiser
                      Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Fiat is making a comeback in North America with their retro '500'. Now the owner of that gray 1100 first in line might be able to order parts for his Fiat locally!

Craig

Comment

Nice to see a 52 in an old photo. Except for the movie Our Man In Havana, that was shot in Cuba around 1956, I have never seen very many Studebakers in any street scene.
                          "In the heart of Arkansas."
                          Searcy, Arkansas
                          1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
                          1952 2R pickup

Comment

Working...
                          X