Stake bed truck in New Mexico

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stake bed truck in New Mexico

I found another Studebaker truck for sale in my part of the country. I am very interested in the motor but I feel bad about being involved in the parting out of such a complete vehicle. The model number is 2r 16-55. The serial number is r168824. The engine number is H419206. What can someone tell me about this truck? It looks like a very solid stake bed truck that with just a little TLC would be drivable (but don’t know about stoppable as I didn’t do a brake inspection). If anyone is interested the truck is in Socorro, NM. The owner wants $1000.00. Email me if you want the owners’ phone number. Neal
    Last edited by Neal in NM; 01-17-2011, 05:23 PM. Reason: wrong engine number

1 1/2 Tonner

A 2R16 truck = a 1949 to 1953 1 1/2 ton truck with the Commander (Big) 6 engine.

The "55" means the truck has a 155" wheelbase.

As the serial number is low (8824 -ignore the R16 part) and it does not have the "A" prefix after the 16, I would venture to say that it is a 1949 model with the 226ci engine as the model and serial numbers changed to "16A" when the engine was increased in displacement to 245.6ci This assumes it still has the original drive train of course!

Others will chime in I'm certain. Post some pics when you get a chance.
    Mark Hayden
    '66 Commander

Comment

Working...
    X