Looking for a 1950 Studebaker pickup scale model

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a 1950 Studebaker pickup scale model

Does anyone know of one being produced? It doesn't have to be a 50 as long as it's the same body style.

What scale? I know that M2 is making a '49 2R truck. It you want a true '50 2R in a little bigger scale, Brooklin models makes one. Studebaker International has them (the Brooklins) for $95ea.
    Chris Dresbach

Comment

Occasionally I see resin bodies of the R series C-Cabs for sale on eBay. They're just the body and I understand that you need to cannibalize another plastic model pick-up to get the frame, engine, wheels. Haven't paid attention lately to know if there are any on there now or not.
      \'57 3E6-12 Transtar Deluxe
      \'64 Daytona HT

Comment

Check Wal Mart, Toys R Us, Target stores etc. The M2 from Maisto just became available in the 1/64 scale. There are several colors and one with a snow plow on the front. I bought a red one six weeks ago off of ebay and the snow plow model from one of our chapter members at out chapter meeting last Sunday.

Comment

Here are some photos I found of both the M2s and the Brooklin models:

Last edited by Chris_Dresbach; 01-12-2011, 05:47 PM.
          Chris Dresbach

Comment

Here are the Brooklin models:

(1952)

(1950 semi)

(1950 wrecker)

(1952)
            Chris Dresbach

Comment

Here's my Brooklin version altered to look like my real truck.

Jon Stalnaker
              Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

The only 'official' 1950 M2 Studebaker Pickup truck is the 1950 Snow Plow truck in Surf Gray. The plow mechanism is easily removed if so desired. stupak

Comment

For 55 Prez, M2 and Maisto are two seperate company"s......................

Comment

I bought six today at Wal Mart. Three red and three green.

Comment

Thanks for all the info. I was actually looking for a plastic model, but I guess they don't make one.

Comment

If the 49 & 50 grilles are the same and I think they are. , contact Gene Zarembka in SB at : eztoyz02@yahoo.com Gene makes the in resin, 1/25th scale. painted or unpainted.

Comment

Thanks Richard

Comment

I bought a resin one off eBay and it had a Scotsman grill in it. I wonder if it's the same guy?
                            Jon Stalnaker
                            Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

for Sdude,

Emaill Gene at the email address in prior post ask him if the one on ebay was his. I know Gene uses existing metal models/toys to mke the tooling for his resin castings, I am not aware that any one ever made a scottsman in metal........Are you.

Comment

Working...
                              X