Front Seat for 1957 Silver Hawk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front Seat for 1957 Silver Hawk

I am looking for a front seat for a 1957 Silver Hawk. A fellow contacted me and has a 1956 Flight Hawk seat. Does anyone know if they are the same? Thanks

Originally posted by aftontrix View Post
    I am looking for a front seat for a 1957 Silver Hawk. A fellow contacted me and has a 1956 Flight Hawk seat. Does anyone know if they are the same? Thanks
    '56 & '57 Hawk front seat frames are NOT the same ...keep lookin'

Comment

Welcome,
      Thanks for the info. Too bad, he was not too far away. Is there a more recent vehicle model that might come close to fitting? Thanks again

Comment

Originally posted by aftontrix View Post
        Welcome,
        >>>Is there a more recent vehicle model that might come close to fitting? Thanks again
        Sorry ...I don't have all the Parts Catalogs in front of me now, but believe '57 thru '60 Hawk front seat frames are the same.

Anyone have the Parts Catalogs handy and can verify that for "aftontrix"????
        Last edited by Welcome; 01-11-2011, 03:36 PM.

Comment

Accordiing to the parts book I have (april 58) the 56 and early 57 Hawk seat frame (lower-the part your butt rests on) are the same. In mid 57 or thereabout a change was made in the tubing from 1" o.d. to 1 1/8". The change point in the body number where this was made is noted as being approximate. The part number changed from 131407P to 1319360P. For the 59 the part # is 1333110P, 60 gives 1334711P. The 61 Hawk came with split front seats that were a prelude to bucket seats for 62.
          59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
          60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
          61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
          62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
          62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
          62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
          63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
          63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
          64 Zip Van
          66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
          66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

They will fit, the seat backs have a roll towards the back in 56's. IMHO they look better.
            Bez Auto Alchemy
            573-318-8948
            http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

the 56 seat will bolt in but I think it is a 60-40 seat but who cares when you need something to sit on.
              Candbstudebakers
              Castro Valley,
              California

Comment

seats

I have some Hawk seats here, will check on your application. see www.studebakersite.com

You may also check with Verne Edigar in Halstead KS

Comment

Working...
                X