stock air cleaner to aftermarket carb adapter? 64 cruiser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stock air cleaner to aftermarket carb adapter? 64 cruiser

hi, i have a 64 cruiser with a 289. car has an edelbrock with a rather wide neck. i found a stock air cleaner with a more narrow neck. would like to use it on the car, just to get the "stock" look going.
    Bob P seemed to think that there are adapters out there that will let me put the stock air cleaner onto the edelbrock, but so far everything i have found goes the other way--thin carb neck to fat air cleaner neck.

let me know if there is something that goes from fat-carb-neck to narrow air-cleaner-neck.

thanks in advance and happy new year.

my direct email: tedbrinkley@sbcglobal.net

graham connah

Give Jim Turner a shout.
    He modified his stock air cleaner to accept a late model AFB.

Originally posted by tedbrinkley View Post
    hi, i have a 64 cruiser with a 289. car has an edelbrock with a rather wide neck. i found a stock air cleaner with a more narrow neck. would like to use it on the car, just to get the "stock" look going.
    Bob P seemed to think that there are adapters out there that will let me put the stock air cleaner onto the edelbrock, but so far everything i have found goes the other way--thin carb neck to fat air cleaner neck.

let me know if there is something that goes from fat-carb-neck to narrow air-cleaner-neck.

thanks in advance and happy new year.

my direct email: tedbrinkley@sbcglobal.net

graham connah
    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Working...
    X