Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• old Riverhead, NY Studebaker dealer

Hi guys and gals
    I am doing research on Riverhead, NY car dealers that were in business during the 1940 period. There was a Studebaker dealer located in a building at the corner of Roanoke Ave. and Middle Road at Riverhead, NY. The sign is still on the building. Later the Riverhead News Review occupied the building. I think the dealer was L.Y Robinson but am not sure. Does anyone have information? I worked at a Buick, Pontiac dealer,Vail Motor Corp,located at West main St. at that time.

I've been trying to find out the same information. I've checked with the Suffolk County Historical Society but ran into a dead end. A friend of mine, who lives in the vicinity, told me her research came up with the name: R. G. Benjamin. The building dates back to 1923. I was given a website, suffolkhistoricnewspapers.org, whick might be of help.
    Let's keep in touch to see if we can solve this mystery.
    Rog
    '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
    Smithtown,NY
    Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

Hello, fraz,
      I'm glad to hear the building is still standing, with its sign. I remember seeing it during a trip back east in 1989. I have a picture or two of it, and have thought about posting on the old dealership thread. However, I have 14 to 15 thousand negatives to sort through, though, so maybe one day... Good luck on your research.
      JSC

Comment

Contact the Studebaker National Museum. They can send you the information you are looking for. There is a research fee, but I thought it was worthwhile when I was seeking similar information.
        Joe Roberts
        '61 R1 Champ
        '65 Cruiser
        Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Working...
        X